SaabCentral Forums banner

pink headers

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  planosaab 
#1 ·
last night after a 15 min trip on the highway i smel somthing burning !!!!!!!!!!

i stop at my home and pop the hood !!!!

the headers was pink like burn like WTFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i when to saab dealer my tech told me it the manifol gasket who finish and with my downpip and the hole package ...

im waiting on my 3 inch dp and my 2.5 exhaust !!!!!!!!( in the mail )

sould i buy the gasket and the stud missing ????? and is it more then the broken exhaust ??????

sorry bad english :) :)

#2 ·
A leaking manifold gasket won't make your exhaust glow much hotter. It will make it louder and leak exhaust gas under the hood, which could be vented into the car (not good).

Relieving the backpressure with the downpipe and catback should do the trick, as far as lowering the temperature. And it is normal for turbo manifolds to glow after a hard drive ;)

#3 ·
A leaking manifold gasket won't make your exhaust glow much hotter. It will make it louder and leak exhaust gas under the hood, which could be vented into the car (not good).

Relieving the backpressure with the downpipe and catback should do the trick, as far as lowering the temperature. And it is normal for turbo manifolds to glow after a hard drive ;)

well very apreciated for that quick help but should i do the gasket and the stud missing ?????

with the down pipe and 2.5 cat ???????????

BTW : my tech had a erection when he was spooling wit hthe K&N open air filter he was so crazy about it :) :) :) :) :) AHHAHAHA

#11 ·
Ya it will leak with exhaust stud missing I just did it on my new Viggen had to pull the head and drill it out then put a heli-coil in it. real pain....160.00 bucks to put the head back on with new bolts new gaskets and i decided I might as well put a timing chain in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.