best/easiest vac line for boost gauge? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: best/easiest vac line for boost gauge?

saabkid37
15th December 2003, 11:11 PM
just as the topic says....wheres the best, and easiest to tap vac line for a boost gauge on a 95 9000cs lpt? is there somethin in the dash...or do i have to go into the engina area?

thanks
saabkid

Rhich
16th December 2003, 01:16 AM
Quick and easy, get a vacuum line T and splice into it behind the instrument cluster.

saabkid37
16th December 2003, 03:28 PM
the vac line is still there even tho my instrument cluster has no boost gauge?

Rhich
16th December 2003, 06:30 PM
Ah.....I better read the post before answering... sorry :roll:
No, without a guage there now your better off running a hose from the engine compartment all the way to your gauge.

saabkid37
16th December 2003, 09:19 PM
damn...sounds difficult....wheres a good take off on the motor...and where do i run it through the dash?

thx for your help

boxman
17th December 2003, 11:54 AM
if you remove the false bulk head there is a moulded white pipe going through to the inside of the car next to the heater pipes there is also a cut out in the false bulk head to get the pipe to the engine there you can t in to the pipe to you dump valve then from inside the car remove the top of the dash and the white pipe can be seen to the left of the heater ducts from there to the boost gauge

saabkid37
20th December 2003, 01:23 PM
well i checked under the false bulkhead today...and i didnt see any whit epipes...any more advice?

boxman
22nd December 2003, 10:53 AM
between the heater pipes and the wiper motor above were the wiring loom goes through to the inside

ragtopcav
6th April 2005, 02:28 AM
Use the search and shall be revealed! guess what I'll be hoping to fit soon to the lpt...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/ragtopcav/DSCF0001.jpg

Needless to say i have no intention of running 2bar of boost :o but maybe 1.7 peak ? What do you guys think .

tristan_the_trout
8th April 2005, 03:16 AM
i just ran a boosty gauge on my '91 2.3 t. i spliced into teh vacuum line coming out of the intake manifold, ran the tube from the cabin side. On my car, there was a real nice rubber stop with two wire bundles coming thru up and to the left of the brake pedal. shove a straight/stiff wire through first, so you can find it on the other side of the firewall in teh engine compartment.

from there... run said wire down from where you're mounting the gauge to the footwell. and from the wire, you can tape your tube to it and pull it through :) once again, a project that took 7 hours to plan, strategize, scratch one's head, kick various car components, and curse; and about 20 minutes to pull off.