SaabCentral Forums banner

Need some opinions.

666 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, I know this is a 9-5 forum, but I'm used to being here and need some 9-3 Viggen opinions. I wanted an Aero wagon but then I saw this:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192411

and I like it. A LOT. I know there's quite a bit of knowledge here so please help me out. Any cons to buying this? Anything I should be aware of? Any other comments on it?

-Thanks

#2 ·
To be honest I was never a fan of the viggen. The limited torque in first and second always turned me off to them. Regardless of Saab's lasting forever, that viggen has some high mileage... especially for a car that's probably been pushed hard. I don't care if the Viggen owner says the car was babied and only been on on the weekends... there is no way you can own that car and not drive it hard like it was made for. I'm not knocking the owner of the car by any means... I know the car has a lot of pretty add ons... but you can find a much cleaner Viggen for cheaper if thats what you are after.. I know here in MA there is one for sale.. bright blue.. 70,000 miles with BSR stage 3 with the torque restrictions removed for only $6400. I test drove it personally.. that was a nice car. Make sure you take your time and don't jump on the first thing that tempts you unless you are positive it is what you want.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

#3 ·
I forgot to add that I will not be getting rid of Freja. She stays. It just seems that I could have more fun with the Vig. My Arc will be my DD.

#4 ·
IMO far too much for that year vigg with that many miles. He has probably put near 10k into modifications on the car, but what people dont understand is that does not affect the value of it, you shouldn't really expect to get much back for what you put into it, if anything. fair market value does not change based on extras the owner has added, in short.

i'll bet that car books at around 4500-5000. its also just me, but id rather buy a clean, low miles non modded viggen and mod myself than buy one that has probably been driven hard. To the contrary, that is a beautiful viggen and by the looks of it i'm sure he probably took very nice care of it.

#5 ·
Yes, I know this is a 9-5 forum, but I'm used to being here and need some 9-3 Viggen opinions.
My personal opinion is that despite being a "cult car" its chassis is severely compromised (as are all GM and NG 900/9-3's), the bulk heads crack due to their weakness even on the standard cars and being T7 it suffers the same sludge issues as the 9-5.

But it looks nice - depends if you want a looker or a driver ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.