SaabCentral Forums banner

Sourcing ECU - yards?

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  jsmith 
#1 ·
I finally got into ecuproject site. Where do you source ECU's - are junkyards your best bet? What do they sell for?

#2 ·
Try fleabay or put a wanted add in the free classifieds ;)

#4 ·
If you're willing to wait for a good deal you can get them even cheaper. The second one I bought off of ebay I only paid like $40 for, and it works just as good as any other one. I definitely was lucky with that one but still, they are out there for even cheaper than that.

#7 ·
just be patient and you will be able to find one on ebay for under 50 dollars. I've bought 2 ecus already from ebay for 50 and then 30 dollars consecutively.

remember- ANY t7 ecu works.

#9 ·
i see a bunch of them now in different shapes and sizes (outwardly). are they covering the same basic board? so any t7 ecu huh, 9-3 or 9-5 huh? i did see one for $50 - the rest were trying to rip the unwary shopper. thanks for the warning guys!

#10 ·
There's a bunch of different things people may consider an ECU, but they are likely referring to a general "electronic control unit" whereas the one we are looking for is an electronic control unit but I usually see referred to as an "engine control unit" or engine ECU. Good luck tuning!

#13 ·
That doesn't look quite right. There should only be holes that run down on the sides in the orientation that is in. I could be wrong though if Saab changed the design of the case, but I don't believe they did. Also, there should be a black plastic part sticking out one end that the big wire harness goes over, and I don't see that either.

#15 ·
It should look like this:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.