SaabCentral Forums banner

Resonator deleted

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  mmintle 
#1 · (Edited)
I replaced the resonator (middle muffler) with a straight pipe. I don't want to do a full exhaust because this is still our family sedan and I didn't want to piss my wife off with noise ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzNEhBIZ66A

What do you think?

#8 ·
Remove Rear muffler too???

I was thinking about cutting off the stock rear muffler too and adding a straight pipe in its place and then just putting the stock tip on it.... maybe to gain 1 pound of torque. Does anyone know how straight through the stock 9-5 aero muffler is?? It might be way too loud... especially with the resonator delete already in place.

#11 ·
My exhaust is cut off below where the driver's feet go right now (about done with the rest of the exhaust....). It's loud but not terrible. I doubt you would ever even get pulled over for it honestly. I have had it this way for a while and have driven by multiple police and haven't been pulled over myself. I have a friend with a Chevy Silverado with some type of aftermarket muffler on it (previously ran straight) and he's probably as loud at half throttle as I am at WOT. People usually know when I arrive at their house, but I don't wake anybody up in the mornings at my house when I leave. If you decide to bury it right next to a police officer though, you'll definitely have a ticket on your hands.

#12 ·
its not like OMG that car is loud loud. its like yeah its def not stock. haha.

idk i also have an exhaust leak right after the cat(broken flex pipe) so the car makes alittle more noise then if it was fixed.

the pipes i replaced the res and rear muffler with are 2.5inch. i will eventually take the rear straight pipe out and weld in my aftermarket muffler from my 9000 as i want to take that out and weld in some 3inch pipe in its place.

#13 ·
idk i also have an exhaust leak right after the cat(broken flex pipe) so the car makes alittle more noise then if it was fixed.
Hope you have more time than me with that. I had a hole for about a month which was never that bad, then all the sudden it got really loud. I looked and there was a half inch gap in the flex pipe! :eek: Literally, broke clean off. I guess this developed from when I had some pressure on it while moving the exhaust around to clean the sump...

#14 ·
exhaust

I did the same steps you're talking about. I started with the resi delete. then the muffler, swapped to a borla straight through. sounded perfect. not to loud. greeeat tone. if you are trying to keep it family safe that would be my advice. mine now sits with full 3 inch header to a mini resi (to slide past inspection) and 3 inch to the borla. little louder than you're probably looking for :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.