ECU upgrade [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: ECU upgrade

JHAZ
12th December 2003, 02:30 PM
I just got off the phone with one of the reputable saab parts houses and was told that they are finalizing the shipping details with BSR for an approximate 30 HP ECU upgrade for the 2.0L. He didnt have a price yet but said this will be available in the US very soon. Did not say that you had to send your ECU out or anything to that effect. I called to get some info for accesories on my mommy's new 03 convert and got to BS'in with him. I didnt know if anyone knew this yet..Another 30 hp on the 9-3 will be swweeet if the engine can handle it over the long haul..

finklejag
12th December 2003, 02:37 PM
The BSR upgrade is direct port programing. Just plug it in, and hit upload. :D

SS
12th December 2003, 06:31 PM
Sounds very nice; anyone considering it? Also sounds scary. I am always worried about voiding my warranty. Who in here is considering an ECU upgrade from someone OTHER than hirsch?

Got a question though: Considering you can upload using BSR, this means that you can download it as well. Before going in for service in the dealership, can we take off the software upgrade without them noticing? and if something goes wrong with the car due to the ECU upgrade, can they notice that something was uploaded to the car causing that dammage?

finklejag
12th December 2003, 06:48 PM
PM Paul or Simon. One of them had the ECU upgrade from BSR on their 9-5.

mbodo
12th December 2003, 09:39 PM
Did your source reference whether or not the 30HP was for a 2.0t (linear) or 2.0T (Arc/Vector/Aero) :-?? :-??

SS
12th December 2003, 09:48 PM
I was just on their website, and i managed to go thru and all i saw was the BSR upgrade for the 150hp and the 175hp, nothing concnerning the vector and aero.

SS
13th December 2003, 12:01 PM
For those interested, i asked, and it was simon. He fully recommends it and he said that there is no way anyone would find out that software was uploaded on the SS. Good news! :cheesy:

paulmiddo
27th June 2010, 08:30 AM
I have just done my 93 convertible from 150 bhp to 204 bhp felt very quick, But then within 10 mins my turbo blew up just cost the garage 1000 for new turbo as it was under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem? I am worried now weather or not to upgrade it again to 204bhp in case it blows my turbo again. The car has 68000 miles on the clock and never had a problem until i done the BSR upgrade.

paulmiddo
27th June 2010, 08:36 AM
;oops:Sounds very nice; anyone considering it? Also sounds scary. I am always worried about voiding my warranty. Who in here is considering an ECU upgrade from someone OTHER than hirsch?

Got a question though: Considering you can upload using BSR, this means that you can download it as well. Before going in for service in the dealership, can we take off the software upgrade without them noticing? and if something goes wrong with the car due to the ECU upgrade, can they notice that something was uploaded to the car causing that dammage?
I have just done my 93 convertible 150 bhp to 204 bhp felt really quick made a big difference. Car only lasted 10 mins and the turbo blew up.
Remapped it back to orginal settings and took it back to the garage were i bought it from as it was under warranty. They fitted a new turbo but now i am worried weather to remap again in case it blowas the turbo again.
Have you done yours yet?

Saabstory34
27th June 2010, 11:46 AM
;oops:
I have just done my 93 convertible 150 bhp to 204 bhp felt really quick made a big difference. Car only lasted 10 mins and the turbo blew up.
Remapped it back to orginal settings and took it back to the garage were i bought it from as it was under warranty. They fitted a new turbo but now i am worried weather to remap again in case it blowas the turbo again.
Have you done yours yet?

This thread is 7 years old, I would try to find one that is more relevant or start your own as these guys may not be on the board anymore

Cosmicflash
28th June 2010, 11:05 AM
This thread is 7 years old, I would try to find one that is more relevant or start your own as these guys may not be on the board anymore

Ditto to that! Wow, haven't seen an old thread like this resurrected in a while.