SaabCentral Forums banner

Help how do I change an a/c compressor 01 Saab 93

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  99_9-3Mike 
#1 ·
Hi
I am new here. We just bought a used Saab 93 and Its my first one.We got it at a great price, not realizing how expensive the parts and stuff are. It is making a lower rattling noise. We believe its the a/c compressor. Is this going to be hard to change? He has lots of mechnical exp, but not on Saab's. PLEASE HELP! How do we do it? Thanks:)

#3 ·
Does it rattle when the a/c is off?

I understand the a/c clutch sometimes goes bad. The bearing dies and can be replaced.

It's much cheaper than a whole compressor.

And there is a short belt bypass procedure to bypass the a/c compressor and still run the car if you're interested.

I just hate to see anyone pull the compressor and replace it, then have to recharge the system, if they don't have to.

:)

#4 ·
Thanks It does rattle when the a/c is off and it is not a constant rattle it comes and goes. Come to think of it, the compressor does not rattle when it is on.Where would I find a bearing and please tell me more about the procedure you are talking about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.