where to go from here... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: where to go from here...

clg31187
09-12-03, 10:27 PM
hello,
I have a 92 9000 turbo with group 6's(they preceded spg9) di/apc and fuel chips and nothing else. What performance upgrades should I look into. Exhausts, adjustable fpr, bigger injectors, better fuel pump...? I don't know so help me out.
thanks
-Christophe

V.J.S
11-12-03, 12:27 AM
Start with the exhaust, more specifically: change the downpipe to 3" (for example JT). Should give much better performance for reasonable money.

clg31187
11-12-03, 08:53 PM
what kind of hp increase would I be looking at with a full 3 inch system and no cats

V.J.S
12-12-03, 12:25 AM
It's not just the hp increase with the exhaust mod. Better flow of the exhaust gases also decreases the gas temperature, which is a good thing for your turbo's lifetime expectancy and helps against knocking/pinging of the engine. Also better response (=spooling) should be gained compared to standard. If a complete 3" set is too much and the bad old governemnt won't allow you to drive without cats, the downpipe change is IMHO the most useful exhaust mod and it should NOT be overlooked when going for high level modding, the original 9k downpipe is pretty restrictive to flow with it's sharp 90 deg angle.

greenphotos
12-12-03, 07:50 AM
When I speak to my insurance company about 3" exhasusts, they seem to only want to know the % of power increase. What should I tell them (in BHP terms) for a 3" Cat back system, and also for a full 3" system?

Mark
:roll: