2001 9-5 aero wagon stereo subwoofer? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 2001 9-5 aero wagon stereo subwoofer?

xjasonblackx
20-07-10, 04:30 AM
hey guys, i have owned my 2001 9-5 aero wagon for about a months now. love it! bought it from a private party. i have only one issue. the sub is blown out on it. i don't know if 9-5s usually come stock with a subwoofer, or if he had it added. but could someone tell me if they come stock, what kind it usually is, and how much it may run me for a replacement? any info would be great. thanks guys.

i may have to just open her up and take a look to find out.

...also, is there anywhere i could get a replacement badge that is just the crowned griffin with blue background? (without "SAAB" on the badge)

Nathan 9⁵
20-07-10, 05:05 AM
The Aero and SE have the upgraded audio, which is a 200 watt Harman Kardon system. This comes with a dual voice coil sub which is on the right hand side of the luggage compartment. You'll see the speaker grill. You can find replacements for the subwoofer and the badge easily on ebay.

Gav
20-07-10, 05:08 AM
The Bay of Evil will have the parts you want!

I got an Aero bonnet (Hood) badge and its 100x better than the OE.

Subwoofer wise.... The wagons (Estate) had a subwoofer fitted with the Harmon Kardon AS3 stereo system. If you do not have this system them there was no Sub in the back! This page (http://www.mitt-eget.com/saab/faq_audio.shtml) has details of ICE.

xjasonblackx
20-07-10, 05:22 AM
i know for a fact that there is a sub, so it must be the Harmon Kardon AS3 stereo system. i will have to look into getting it replaced now. thank you so much for the information guys! :D

Gav
20-07-10, 05:39 AM
Just a quick one... are you sure its the Sub?

Check all the wiring and maybe test with a normal speaker to see if you are getting a signal!

xjasonblackx
20-07-10, 02:31 PM
its the sub, crackling.