Aesthetics, and build [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Aesthetics, and build

garry
7th December 2003, 05:29 AM
Performance aside... Far too much has been speculated about performance already . 50% of the threads seem to be about performance where the other 50% are concerned about aesthetics and build.

What area's of this platform's shell could be improved by SAAB..... and aesthetics?... apart from the front and the back, what else could be made to look nicer?
As far as I can tell the shell seems to be more or less set but how easy could it be for SAAB to adapt it into a coupe'/hatch for example?

Just to answer 'RED' from a prior thread.
To answer a question a few pages back: I only use the markers for artsy stuff these days!
No matter how good the software is you can't match the speed and dynamic appeal of markers.. Im quite often well into a project before I switch from markers. .... I always start with charcoal pencil due to its grainy tooth.

Licence
7th December 2003, 06:53 AM
Change the doorhandles! A simple change from the stock Subaru part to the 9-3ss part would IMHO make a great difference to the side view.

I always liked the Hatch/Estate look of the Subaru and I think it is similar to the 9-5 Estate in execution.

8valvegrowl
7th December 2003, 11:24 AM
I would love to see a two-door setup...maybe a fastback, that would be cool. Elimination of the hoodscoop, make it like the ProDrive STI, and vent the top of the hood, or even better use a FMIC. A little higher beltline might look stylish, hard to say though, since lots of cars are moving to higher beltlines. The Subie wagon is functional, the sedan is ok, but then the Saab would look even more Subie than the wagon does. The need some more configs, how about a Impreza convertible!

m750
7th December 2003, 04:41 PM
thick quality paint would be a plus. Quality painted skirts too. Rear wiper maybe, and quality harware (ie interior and exterior handles.
AO

Magus Kampodraken
7th December 2003, 07:52 PM
I would like to see the Interior be very similiar to that of the 9-3.

Yes I realize the key will not be in the center, and yes I realize they are not going to move the vents. But I think they should redo the materials, make the gauges Saab, and of course put in the Saab seats!

nandanrp
8th December 2003, 01:34 AM
I would like to see the Interior be very similiar to that of the 9-3.

Yes I realize the key will not be in the center, and yes I realize they are not going to move the vents. But I think they should redo the materials, make the gauges Saab, and of course put in the Saab seats!

The WRX's seats are quite supportive though, so I'd probably like those seats covered in leather or alancarta instead...