New England SAAB Owners Gathering 16th-18th July 2004 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: New England SAAB Owners Gathering 16th-18th July 2004

Diggler
2nd December 2003, 09:01 AM
NEWSBREAK: SOG 2004 will be the weekend of July 16-18 at Mount Snow, Vermont. Please mark your calendars and make your plans early. We'll have a room block, but that will expire long before the date of the event! Log on to www.mountsnow.com for a look at this facility. We'll have more details as they develop.

zingZACH
2nd December 2003, 01:36 PM
Nice!!! My Saab will be there.... Her first Saab show :wink: hehehehe... As will be mine that I can actually DRIVE to.. lol. I have only been to one Saab show and that was SCD... I cant wait til this now, Plus it is close by :) mauahaha.. And I can drive with my license in which I get in April :cheesy:

Vermont Saab
2nd December 2003, 07:34 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!

July is such a long time away though! :cry:

zingZACH
2nd December 2003, 09:50 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!

July is such a long time away though! :cry:

I know it :cry: :cry:

escalator guru
3rd December 2003, 01:41 PM
i'll be there

tenone900s
4th December 2003, 10:26 AM
is this the same type of event we attended at the transportation museum a couple months ago in MA? or what is the usual events? is it basically the same thing where you can show your car for a day or is it a complete weekend attendance thing. thanks...you can count me in, whatever it is

Diggler
8th December 2003, 04:40 PM
the basic timeline in the past has gone something like this:

Friday Night, Registration and BBQ, Tail Gate in the parkinglot

Saturday, Concours, then a Scenic Drive in the afternoon.
Dinner and guest speaker in the evening, then Tail Gate in the parkinglot

Sunday, some other event, either SAAB related or not.

They're a lot of fun and get better every year.

-Dirk

nasaab2.3
30th December 2003, 02:12 PM
wow, i want to go so bad, i'll be there, questions though,
register? what do you mean? do i have to join sog? how do i do that? do i have to book a hotel room? how much is that? anyone want to share a room, so we can pay 50/50?

i'll be there, count me in

~justin

Diggler
31st December 2003, 12:33 PM
wow, i want to go so bad, i'll be there, questions though,
register? what do you mean? do i have to join sog?

when you join NESA, they will send you information packets etc. When the time comes to register for SOG (SAAB Owners Gathering) they will send you a packet, just fill it out and send it back with a check.

As far as staying at the hotel, no it is not required, usually a bunch of people will bunk together and split the room like you want to do.

TurboRush91
1st January 2004, 10:18 PM
I'll definitely be there, hopefully with two Saabs by then.. :)

Too bad its so far away.

nasaab2.3
2nd January 2004, 03:02 PM
Too bad its so far away.

too far away?? you're closer than I am, it's like a 3 hour drive if I go the exact speed limit, but... I'll be there.

Can I just register with SOG there at the mountain? or does it have to be done ahead of time?

~justin

Diggler
2nd January 2004, 03:47 PM
The preferred method is by mail. Since you're planning on hosting an event I'll tell you why...it's nearly impossible to plan for an event when you have no clue how many people are going to show. Therefor if you want to be on the list of people that everyone likes instead of the list of people with whom they're annoyed, register in advance.

It's not like they're asking for you to register today or anything, they'll send the packets out 1-2 months before the show.

-Dirk

TurboRush91
2nd January 2004, 06:04 PM
Too bad its so far away.

too far away?? you're closer than I am, it's like a 3 hour drive if I go the exact speed limit, but... I'll be there.

Can I just register with SOG there at the mountain? or does it have to be done ahead of time?

~justin

I meant its too far away in the future. The rest has been edited for my stupidity.

Tweek's Turbos
26th February 2004, 12:50 PM
I re-evaluated my days off, I think I am actually able to make this one instead of the VT 100. Maybe I'll just ask for that one off.

Justin, spliting a room is a good idea, I just dont think I could tolerate you for more than 5 minutes :cheesy:

I think I will be going, I just called and they are going to get back to me on room rates. Silly question, Is their going to still be snow there in July?

Ok, how come the lady on the phone said it was canceld?

zingZACH
4th March 2004, 04:05 PM
I'll be there.... i also heard it might be in Ascuntey, VT? Is this true? if so, that would be sweet (5 min away from my house heh) :cheesy: either way, I will be there! :)

Diggler
5th March 2004, 08:59 AM
I don't believe it's cxl'd but there is a conceren about construction on VT Rt 100 this summer. For the most up to date information please see http://www.nesaab.org

-Dirk

Tweek's Turbos
6th March 2004, 03:07 PM
I'm confused..where is it going to be, and is there a hotel block?

Diggler
8th March 2004, 11:34 AM
NOTHING IS CONFIRMED YET!

Johnnydel
8th March 2004, 10:08 PM
Just an update on whats happening on the the SAAB Gathering this summer.

We should be hammering out the final details in the next week or so.

As it stands NESA will be holding its event the weekend of July 16th - 18th at Mt Snow in VT. We have been talking with the resort as well as a member of the VT Public works to try and coordinate around road construction on VT 100.

At the moment we should be ok with the road construction, and when we finalize with Mt Snow we will let everyone know the prices and accomodations. We will be setting aside a room block with Mt Snow so when the time comes to make reservations you want to make sure you let the person who is taking your reservation know that you are with the SAAB Club Event.

Once we have all the final details they will be posted on the NESA website, here at SAAB Central, as well as other BB's.

Please keep your eyes open and if you have any questions feel free to drop me a line.

John delRosario
Technical Director
New England SAAB Association

zingZACH
14th March 2004, 01:50 AM
Good.... I should (hopefully) have all my leprosy on natalie fixed by then.... and an spg kit on it :cheesy: the rust will be a pretty penny to fix... check it out :oops: :o

http://www.saabinonline.com/gallery/album04

Greyspg
16th March 2004, 11:09 AM
Hey everyone, i just registered for the VT-100 its gonna be even better this year dirk. Give me a call sometime

http://www.saabinonline.com/gallery/Kidders-SPG

zingZACH
17th March 2004, 03:06 PM
nice... well, I made an appointment for my rust so my baby should be lookin nice for the VT100 8) :wink: :P

Johnnydel
17th March 2004, 10:39 PM
We have finally set up a pricing for food and a room block with Mt. Snow.
As it stands the prices are all inclusive, which includes your room for Fri and Saturday night. As well as our BBQ dinner Friday night, breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday, and Sunday breakfast. As well as taxes and gratuites.

If you are going by yourself it will cost $234.00 for the weekend.

If you are going as a couple, or can find someone else to pair up with it will cost $349.00, or $174.50 per person. This is actually a $50 savings over our event that we had at Attitash Bear Peak.

The room block at Mt. Snow we be held until June 18th. To take advantage of the pricing you need to make your reservations as early as possible.

By the end of the March a special 1-800 # will be posted specifically for our event. So when you call in to make your reservation they will know exactly what you are calling for and to give you the NESA discounted room rate.

Keep your eyes open for more postings with all the current SOG info.

nasaab2.3
18th March 2004, 04:49 PM
oh wow, that isn't to bad at all, and it sounds like it's gonna be a lotta fun too.

is it gonna be a run as well, or just a hang out thing?

also, i am not registered with the nesa, do i have to be to attend this event?

~justin

Johnnydel
18th March 2004, 10:14 PM
1. You do not have to be a member of NESA to attend the event. Anyone is welcome to attend any NESA event that is put on.

2. The schedule of events will follow our past years Owners Gatherings.

Friday afternoon is when most people arrive at the hotel. The Car wash area will be open mid-day so that people can get a jump start spiffing there cars after arriving. Friday evening we'll have a BBQ dinner outside and then people usually head back out to the parking lot and hang out and talk SAAB's.

Saturday morning after breakfast we have a concours from 9:00 - 12:00 noon. After the people choice awards, group photo, and a box lunch there will be a drive through the VT countryside. Dirk Feather who runs the VT 100 will be laying out a nice route for us to drive on.
For those people who don't want to go for the drive there is plenty to do at and around Mt. Snow. Saturday evening is our banquet dinner, followed by car talk into the wee hours of the morning out in the parking lot again.

Sunday is just breakfast and a hangout day. Some people just hang around for a good part of the mornig, however the people with longer drives tend to leave by 10 or 11:00 am. If you Mt. Bike there are plenty of trails around the area, even riding down the mountain.

So in a nut shell thats how the weekend goes. A nice place to hang out and talk shop, as well as a place to have some fun without having to rush home.

Johnnydel

zingZACH
18th March 2004, 11:40 PM
Sounds great John.... :cheesy: 8) Can't wait now.... (bites my lip in anticipation :-?)

Johnnydel
24th March 2004, 10:38 PM
Alright, we now have the room block and the 800 # you need to call to make reservations at Mt. Snow

When you call make sure that you let them know you are with the New England SAAB Association event. They will honor our room block and our
special rates until June 16th.

The Mount Snow Reservation # is 1-800-451-4211

Make sure you reserve early to guarantee your space at Mt. Snow.

Johnnydel

nasaab2.3
30th March 2004, 09:54 PM
how many spots are there?

~justin

Johnnydel
30th March 2004, 10:44 PM
We have reserved 40 rooms in our room block. If we exceed our alotment and they have available rooms they will give us extra rooms on a first come first serve basis. However we do sugest that you make your reservations by the end of April.

Johnnydel

baco99
19th April 2004, 08:21 AM
i'll try and make it for saturday. is there a swap meet scheduled for the event? i'd be interested in looking at parts if some are available.

Johnnydel
20th April 2004, 07:58 AM
We are working on some parts vendors, we'll let everyone know what we are going to have a couple weeks before the event.

Diggler
28th April 2004, 11:02 AM
From Johnny Del:
We have finally set up a pricing for food and a room block with Mt. Snow.
As it stands the prices are all inclusive, which includes your room for Fri and Saturday night. As well as our BBQ dinner Friday night, breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday, and Sunday breakfast. As well as taxes and gratuites.

If you are going by yourself it will cost $234.00 for the weekend.

If you are going as a couple, or can find someone else to pair up with it will cost $349.00, or $174.50 per person. This is actually a $50 savings over our event that we had at Attitash Bear Peak.

The room block at Mt. Snow we be held until June 18th. To take advantage of the pricing you need to make your reservations as early as possible.

When you call make sure that you let them know you are with the New England SAAB Association event. They will honor our room block and our special rates until June 16th.

The Mount Snow Reservation # is 1-800-451-4211

Friday afternoon is when most people arrive at the hotel. The Car wash area will be open mid-day so that people can get a jump start spiffing there cars after arriving. Friday evening we'll have a BBQ dinner outside and then people usually head back out to the parking lot and hang out and talk SAAB's.

Saturday morning after breakfast we have a concours from 9:00 - 12:00 noon. After the people choice awards, group photo, and a box lunch there will be a drive through the VT countryside. Dirk Feather who runs the VT 100 will be laying out a nice route for us to drive on.
For those people who don't want to go for the drive there is plenty to do at and around Mt. Snow. Saturday evening is our banquet dinner, followed by car talk into the wee hours of the morning out in the parking lot again.

Sunday is just breakfast and a hangout day. Some people just hang around for a good part of the mornig, however the people with longer drives tend to leave by 10 or 11:00 am. If you Mt. Bike there are plenty of trails around the area, even riding down the mountain.

So in a nut shell thats how the weekend goes. A nice place to hang out and talk shop, as well as a place to have some fun without having to rush home.

SMOKINSPG
11th May 2004, 03:51 PM
questions i just wanna go up on sat only and hang out do i still have to pay the full amount?
SMOKE

Johnnydel
18th May 2004, 08:15 AM
questions i just wanna go up on sat only and hang out do i still have to pay the full amount?
SMOKE

We've been discussing this topic for a few days and have come up with a decision. Because of our obligations to Mount Snow and the use of the facilties they are providing us, we are going to require that everyone who is planning on attending pre-register. Whether it be for a day or the weekend the registration fee is $20.00 Unless you show up in a C900 then it is only $15.00

Johnnydel

Tweek's Turbos
29th May 2004, 04:15 PM
Ok, they have 37 rooms left in the block as of this post. I was originally splitting a room with Justin, but he can't go.

Anybody interested in going halvsies with me? :cheesy:

Diggler
4th June 2004, 08:06 AM
There is now a registration form available online at
http://www.nesaab.org/sogregform.pdf

You'll need acrobat reader to load it but if you don't have it I included the link at http://www.nesaab.org so you can get a free copy.

Register before June 25th to avoid a $20.00 late registration fee.

Dirk Feather
Secretary, NESA

Tweek's Turbos
14th June 2004, 02:55 PM
I mailed in my Registration today. I will reserve my room this Wed. :cheesy:

Update, I will be sharing a studio style room with another member. The studio seemed to suit my needs with a fridge, kitchenet, full bath, ect ect. This should be a good escape from the usual for me, I can't wait. :D

Diggler
17th June 2004, 04:36 PM
1 DAY LEFT for the room block. Make sure you get your rooms reserved.
-Dirk Feather
Secretary NESA

Diggler
21st June 2004, 01:12 PM
Don't forget to send your registration in by Friday June 25 to avoid a $20.00 late registration fee.

http://nesaab.org/sogregform.pdf

Dirk Feather
Secretary NESA

eric900spg
29th June 2004, 10:30 AM
still havent registered :oops: guess I have to pay extra... :oops: :oops: my own damn fault. I was wondering... I just realized that my membership has run out. I never got something that said it was about to run out, or any sort of renwal form. can I just renew while I am there? I am planning on being there with girlfriend korin (she has the HIGH mileage bright blue airflow lookin thing) and only on saturday... is there any box lunches or should I bring a cooler? looking forward to it. anyone from the NH area want to get a caravan going??? zingzach? anyone else??

PS...the blue airflow car is retired after 365k miles :cry: :cry: :cry:

Johnnydel
29th June 2004, 06:51 PM
We are a little behind at sending out renawal notices for NESA. You can renew at SOG, which is even better because we are offering a $5.00 discount on new and renewed memberships at the event.

As for the box lunch the hptel is charging $15.00 for each one. So if you feel so inclined to bring a cooler with your own lunch go right ahead.

John

eric900spg
29th June 2004, 09:11 PM
sounds great! I will plan on renewing there and will send out my registration for the event asap. thanks john :P

Diggler
13th July 2004, 11:49 PM
In case you were wondering what type of terrain we'll be driving through on the SOG Run click the link below.

Dirk Feather
Secretary NESA

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=42.9459&lon=-72.7292&s=50&size=l&symshow=n&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

Tweek's Turbos
14th July 2004, 12:02 PM
So who is all going. I know Myself, ZingZach, JohnyDell, Dirk, Vermount Saab. Some random people I don't know, (assuming this from the email domains in the meal thing)

P.S. I had no idea the boxed lunches were $15 a piece. Cancel my order for 2 if possible. :cheesy:

eric900spg
14th July 2004, 02:33 PM
I am going and have 2 lunches, but no dinners lol :)

Vermont Saab
15th July 2004, 07:06 AM
Yeah, if the meals are extra I'd like to cancel on them also!

Diggler
15th July 2004, 08:21 AM
If you're staying at the Mount Snow Resort, and you told them you were with the SAAB Owners Gathering then all of you meals will be included in that hotel price.

I've asked John to reply on what the cost will be if that is not the case for either of you guys.

-Dirk Feather
Secretary NESA

Johnnydel
15th July 2004, 08:43 AM
P.S. I had no idea the boxed lunches were $15 a piece. Cancel my order for 2 if possible. :cheesy:

You've been struck...............

Johnnydel
15th July 2004, 08:43 AM

What name did you register under?

Tweek's Turbos
15th July 2004, 12:21 PM
http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A%3C%3B39523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B%3B%3A %3D8%3A%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323582%3B65343ot1lsi

Well, I'm ready. Yeah I payed for a room, so I guess one meal is covered. VTSaab. I will be arriving late Friday after proving grounds. As you can see, I am bringing some provisions, but they wont be cold till after late.

Diggler
15th July 2004, 12:26 PM
sounds like the start of a great tail gater!!!

is that a 2.1 head?

Tweek's Turbos
15th July 2004, 03:23 PM
No, its the NG900 head, which is the same for the 2.3na and 2.0 T. I got it for the cams, I was told,(& will prove) they are a more aggressive grind.

It's being dropped off at a machine shop b4 I leave tomorrow for a full job. :cheesy:

Vermont Saab
15th July 2004, 10:15 PM

What name did you register under?

Christen Szeg.

Johnnydel
16th July 2004, 08:51 AM
Ok, your all set. Meals removed..........

John

Tweek's Turbos
19th July 2004, 08:06 AM
Do we have a follow up post on the weekend? Or is this going to be moved to the lounge?

I just got into work, so later on I will try and post a synopse of my weekend. :cheesy:

Johnnydel
19th July 2004, 08:52 AM
Do we have a follow up post on the weekend? Or is this going to be moved to the lounge?

I just got into work, so later on I will try and post a synopse of my weekend. :cheesy:

Yeah I'll get to a final posting tonight. When I got home yesterday I was all but spent. I tried to do a few things but found myself dozing in and out, I didn't even get to watch the WRC last night.

- John

Jon1
19th July 2004, 06:51 PM
Here are the photos that I took at the NESA 2004 Saab Owner's Gathering:

http://www.nysoc.com/gallery/album63

Jon
jon1..

Johnnydel
19th July 2004, 11:26 PM
Well another SOG has come and gone and I'm sad to see it go. It was another great weekend of SAAB fun and good times, and the weather cooperated with us (Mostly). Many friends new and old showed up for a weekend of SAAB-ing and as usual we had a fair turnout of vintage cars. The vintage turnout ended up being about dozen cars, and all were beautiful examples. However since we were celebrating the 25th anniversary of the C900 thats what we expected to see the most of. With about 25 C900's we had a total of about 50 cars show up for some fun in the sun and mountain air.

The weekend started with some rain showers and a BBQ that was to be held outside, but unfortunately we had to move inside. However the skies cleared in time for us to hang out in the parking lot to talk cars and drink victuals. John Moss had shown up with a 9-2X Linnear for all to see, however I don't know how many people even looked at it. (although I was a little busy) James Fox rolled in after dinner and unfortunately he wasn't towing either rally car. Personally I was hoping that he would pick up his new one from Canada. Seeing the carnage that was the old car was a true testament to the strength and integrity of the C900.

Saturday morning dawned with a mix of sun and clouds but it looked like it would be a great day. People started to line up around 8:00 am, however Jon Williams was their about an hour earlier after following me to the car wash at 6:00 am. We had a great location looking up the mountain and took advantage of the great view and nice backdrop. The concours saw many nice examples of antique SAAB's as well newer versions. At the tail end of the concours we had our annual raffle, and many people walked away with some great prizes. A big thanks goes out to everyone who donated items to the raffle especially Marc Fails, Swedish Automotive Service, Rhich Barth at SAAB-Stuff.com, Paul Dolmetsch, Central Penn, and SCNA.

Following the concours we brought all the cars together for our group photo. Fortunately with about 50 cars its pretty easy to get everyone in line pretty quickly. Once we were done with the picture the Strokers went on a drive for ice-cream, while about 20 cars got ready to go on the scenic drive through the Vermont countryside. Thanks to Dirk and Ashli we had one heck of a drive. With the roller-coaster like roads that were mostly deserted we were able to have a blast. With mostly turbos in the group the run was a blast. However a couple of Sonnetts decided to join in on the fun with us. For those of us running sweep at the back we had a pretty good view of everyone having a good time. With all the hills their was a fair amount of burning brakes, but we encountered no serious problems. We all made it back to Mount Snow after about a 2 hour 95 mile drive in time to have a cold one before heading in for the banquet.

After having a lovely dinner we were entertained by our guest speakers. John Moss gave us a little history on the C900 model and its life span. We also learned why a 4 door may not have the best fit and finish on the passenger side back door. ( But thats between us ). As usual John was able to tell us some interesting little known facts that only someone with over 30 years of experience would know. Following John, James Fox got up and gave us a little background into his love of the SAAB marque and how he started Rallying them. His 1985 8 valve notchback was well on its way to become a highly competitive Group 5 entry when it met an untimely demise in the woods during his last rally. James also showed some great in car footage from his car during the Maine Forest Rally, as he answered many questions while the video was running. Afterwards we all retired back out to the parking lots for a little more tire kicking before the end of the night.

All in all SOG 2004 was another success for us at NESA and we are glad to have been able to put it on for all that attended. We are already working on SOG 05 and we hope to see you their. Also don't forget their are still some events coming up over the next few months. So watch your e-mail and check out our website from time to time to keep informed on whats going on in the New England area.

John delRosario
Technical Director
New England Saab Association

eric900spg
20th July 2004, 08:47 AM
well said :) the hills made me realize it is time for me to get in gear and get them drilled rotors on my car lol :cheesy:

roller girl
20th July 2004, 12:04 PM
well said :) the hills made me realize it is time for me to get in gear and get them drilled rotors on my car lol :cheesy:

Dirk loves his cross drilled rotors!

Diggler
20th July 2004, 02:04 PM
1st Place

93-96: Jim Hutchins

Sonett: Lewis Eig

99: Keith Landau

Classic 900: Glen Atchinson

SPG: Mike Connelly

NG 900: Ben Hinkle

9000: Carl Hummel

9-3: Bill Wyman

9-5: Suzanne delRosario

Convertible: Jonathan Williams

Modified: Jeff Proposki

2nd Place

93-96: Bill Trench

Sonett: Josh Pollack

99: Mike Hedges

Classic 900: Tim Boucher

SPG: Dirk Feather

NG 900: Barry Mable

9000: Carl Rominger

9-3: Don Miller

9-5: Harry Davis

Convertible: Bill Clark

Modified: John delRosario

Tweek's Turbos
20th July 2004, 02:41 PM
My adventure, which included Proving Grounds CT Friday afternoon.

I left Central NY at about 12:30 in the afternoon. NY went by quick, as did Mass. I think I turned south on 91. CT started to get a little congested, and I actually went from 85 to dead stops a number of times. I had a small problem with my bov line coming off the throttle body, but not causing any run problems. I arrived at proving grounds, chatted with the cute blonde girl I had met the previose year in PA. I was the first on site by about an hour, so I got right to driving. I seemed to find that the 9-2X Aero acted best in 1st gear, and the mini in 2nd gear. Shortly after, Fast4Door, and Rico83 showed up. I got some video of them doing the course but nothing exciting. I found out they were making a run up to visit Rhich, as I was planning also we both drove up. Just as we are getting ready to leave, PaulH and his dad showed up. I said high chatted a bit, but got back on the road to head north.

We got to Rhich's at about 8:30ish I think, got a good look at "Putt Putt 2" I can't wait to see this car on the road. The sound system sounded great too. Rhich also showed us the dist he had machined, and it looked amazing. Knowing I had to get back on the road, I got some directions from Rhich, and headed North again.

The trip North was interesting. I think I took 587 or something, and then possibly got on 7. I honestly have no idea how I got to Bennington, but it was a blast. I got a little backwards and ended up turning around on 7, and heading West on 9. I wound up in NY again after 4 miles, and decided to buy a map. :-? Then I realized I needed to go East, duh. I headed 20 miles to 100N and took it for about 9 miles, and passed Zing Zach on the way. Got to the hotel, tried not to wake up VTSaab, but did anyways. After getting my luggage in, I found some Saabers hanging out and invited them up for some beer, and we watched the proving grounds tape I made.

Sat morning, we woke up at about 8ish, got cleaned up and went to the breakfast. Fruit, muffins, and frosted flakes. Afterwords, it was time to wash the cars. Bill, and Beth? and I washed our cars at the same time, and we lined up next to oneanother for the concourse.

The show was nice, I love old Sonetts. A friend from the area had his Monte Carlo 850? up and it is one of 10 on the road. Jeff had his Viggen Blue SPG, that was exciting for me to see. After a picnic lunch, we took the group photo and got ready for the run.

Brief wavor, and meeting and we took off. I was behind Beth, and her black 9-3. It was a good 90 or so miles with some amazing MT views. I even took a bit of footage during a slow straight away.

After the run, it was dinner time, I was unsucessfull, but some of the, I will say, longer time Saab owners got in a spoon hanging on your nose competition with Roller Girl and her table. I could have watched the Rally footage for hours, but Bill and I went to start some beers. On the way, we saw a lion cub. Somebody was a game preserve owner and had a lion cub with her. I decided to go for a quick snorkel in the pool down at the lower lodge. After we hung out in the back lot, and drank beer till about 3am. Made some good friends and had a good time talking with Diggler and Roller girl :cheesy:. Sun, I wanted to sleep, VTSaab said he was out, and I got on the road later by 11ish.

Good times, wish the "PA crew" could have made it but made some friends and got to see some old ones.

roller girl
20th July 2004, 04:28 PM
After the run, it was dinner time, I was unsucessfull, but some of the, I will say, longer time Saab owners got in a spoon hanging on your nose competition with Roller Girl and her table. I could have watched the Rally footage for hours, but Bill and I went to start some beers. On the way, we saw a lion cub. Somebody was a game preserve owner and had a lion cub with her. I decided to go for a quick snorkel in the pool down at the lower lodge. After we hung out in the back lot, and drank beer till about 3am. Made some good friends and had a good time talking with Diggler and Roller girl :cheesy:. Sun, I wanted to sleep, VTSaab said he was out, and I got on the road later by 11ish.

Good times, wish the "PA crew" could have made it but made some friends and got to see some old ones.

I categorically deny hanging any spoons from my nose in public (and sober)!!! :oops: Besides…you guys started it! :cheesy:

It was a great time though….and I thoroughly enjoyed talking/drinking till three with you too! 8) And also for showing me the video you took of the little lion cub….that was cool. It was nice to put a few more names/cars to some faces….