how to fix my SPG.... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: how to fix my SPG....

abernick00
18th April 2002, 07:03 PM
i was wondering where everyone in here learned how to do many of these modifications to their saabs???? im on my fourth one right now and i love it so far.... i would like to learn how to do repairs myself and know more about the car itself.... would a service repair manual help someone like me out?? i pretty much only know the basics,,,, im gettin ready to mod my SPG but i want to be more eduacated about it before deciding exactly what to do.... any suggestions guys???

Jo K
18th April 2002, 08:31 PM
I'd say you need the Bently repair manual and/or the official workshop manual...

Viktor
19th April 2002, 08:55 AM
Good luck. I think 900s come out of the factory with 5 psi boost. You can get 10-15 psi very easily and for under $10. I think your ride also has the mitsu turbo which spools quicker than my garrett, but has less peak output ability(dont really know for sure).
Go to a search engine and type tweak your apc and do that. Another safe mod is the BPC solenoid mod. SPGs are great, but they are VERY expensive to own. Expect to be doing lots of repairs and spending lots of money keeping it on the road.

Janne Selinummi
19th April 2002, 04:46 PM
Saab 900 Turbos had boost between 9 and 12 psi of boost depending on model the catalytic converter-equipped ones had a slightly lower max boost rating to prevent knocking caused by the more restrictive exhaust system. The LPT had lower boost.
IMHO the running costs of any 900T are well on par with any performance saloon of the era, I even think it's cheaper than with many other makes of car. My Alfa was about 4 times as expensive to run, as far as parts costs go...