It's time to replace the 9000 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: It's time to replace the 9000

justin.graeff
22nd May 2010, 12:30 AM
Ever since I got my 9-5, I haven't spent much time over here in the 9000 forums. My old 9000 became my winter car and it has gradually gotten worse and worse. It's too the point where I believe the slave is going out and the body is rusting pretty bad. not to mention the poor roll on paint job I previously did. Anyway, it has come to the point that I am thinking about junking it.

So, I went out on craigslist to check for replacement Saab 9000's (since I like them) and I came across this.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/1736038574.html

Now, I live in Grand Rapids, so it's almost a three hour drive out there. I sent him an email asking for more pictures, more information, and other various things. If it is indeed just the DI, I have an extra I am going to bring and see if it starts and runs. With 258k miles on it, it's higher than my current 9000. 258k isn't bad if it has been maintained well. How well do the TD-04's hold up in the 9000's? I know in the 9-5's they are virtually bulletproof, but I don't know about the 9000's? If I can get it running, I am thinking of offering 500 for it. He says he know's it's rare, but I might be able to sucker him into it. If I can't get it running, I won't buy it. And even if I do get it running, if it has a TCS (if equipped) problem or transmission problem or turbo problem, I am walking away. I know it won't be problem free, but I don't want to fall into a death trap. The only reason I am considering it is because it's an Aero. Worse comes to worse, I can part it out for the rims and turbo and then scrap it.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I haven't had any experience with the 94 Aero's. I have a 9-5 Aero and it's great! Granted it has less miles and newer, but I love it. I would like to experience the predecessor so what should I do? How should I go about this the right way?

mick44
22nd May 2010, 04:09 AM
looks nice in black... if it is the di it sounds cheap enough ( about 500 in my money) more pics would be nice..wheel arches are common, if the rust isnt too bad you could repair otrherwise its wheelarch repair kits and a days work id say... black rocky interior very nice, mines silver and has the same interior.... defo worth a look id say...regards mick.

SaabKen
22nd May 2010, 03:17 PM
Justin, offer the guy $750. You'll get that back and more just parting out the car, if nothing else. A good full set of Aero front & rear seats can easily get $300-500.