SaabCentral Forums banner

6 gearbox from 9-3 fit to old 2,3L 9000 engine

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  edusaab 
#1 ·
hi

i am sorry to post here.. this place need one place for all models performance :)

does 6 speed gear box from 9-3 would fit to classic 9000 engine ´93 if i remember correct (got 2,3L turbo engine from 9000 in my 900)

p.s. did search , i´m making track car so i get ideas hehe ;)

#3 ·
finklejag said:
I wouldn't think so. The 2.0T in the sports sedan is a brand new engine. It probably could be done though. If you have the $$, anything can be done.
I agree with finklejag. You also have to be aware that there were three different types of transmissions that were fitted to the 2.3L 9000 T's. They aren't even compatible with each other. The first was 91-92, revised for 93, and completely changed for 94-98. So I doubt that the tranny from the 9-3 SS would fit w/o serious modifications and money.

#5 ·
the serious issue is that the new engines are transverse, and the transaxle is designed for a left-right mount, where you took a transverse engine from a 9000, and put it in a longintudinal application (the classic 900), therefore you have to use the gearbox Saab designed with the longitudinal engines, which were the gearboxes from 99's and 900's. I've driven on the track with plenty of 4 speeds and 5 speeds, having one more gear isn't that important.

#7 ·
take a look at the quaife web, the offer a version of the F25 gearbox of Saab with 6 speed.

greetings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.