Fuel pressure regulator [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Fuel pressure regulator

motocrosschamp007
15th April 2010, 08:53 PM
Hey guys,

Ok so I boosted the car with ppc tunin kit 1 cat back 3 inch adjustable exuast have 3 inch intake to the turbo. When I hit wot It's as though the chokes/ putters along until it sort or regains then goes well again . Very distressing when your beating a 240kw ford v8 2008 model n then he takes of because the car chokes.
I'm suspecting a fuel pressure regulator will fix this but one problem. I don't know how to Install this adjustable one I bought. Can anyone please show me how to install one and where it goes please guys help. I need to show Australians how good these Swedish beasts are!!

motocrosschamp007
15th April 2010, 08:54 PM
"when I hit WOT"

Cm452
15th April 2010, 11:42 PM
sounds like either you're hitting fuel cut or the ECU is pulling boost and timing because of knocking-what fuel are you running. These "Swedish beasts" like high octane.
-Cm

SaabNGT
16th April 2010, 04:42 AM
i would say spark plugs issue.hope you didnt put anything else than NGK bcpr7es.no need of 3.5 fpr.your injectors are good for 290-300hp on 3bar.3.5fpr is just for aditional safety.if you put 3.5bar fpr you need to retune your software anyway.
good luck racing falkons :).Where about in Oz are you?

motocrosschamp007
16th April 2010, 07:57 PM
ThAnks for the reply guys I will change the spark plugs n well c where we go from there

I always run 98octane fuel or at the least 95octane whenthe petrol station has run out.

I'm down in Melbourne and yer the look on the guys face when I was in front was funny they dnt expect it!

I hope it's just the spark plug and we can settle this

Do you guys know how much our saabs weigh I have a 93 2001 model aero.. Do u know much about removing not needed weight?

Thanks again

SaabNGT
17th April 2010, 04:15 AM
ThAnks for the reply guys I will change the spark plugs n well c where we go from there

I always run 98octane fuel or at the least 95octane whenthe petrol station has run out.

I'm down in Melbourne and yer the look on the guys face when I was in front was funny they dnt expect it!

I hope it's just the spark plug and we can settle this

Do you guys know how much our saabs weigh I have a 93 2001 model aero.. Do u know much about removing not needed weight?

Thanks again

spark plugs are first thing to check.second test the DI.Aero should be +/- 1400kg.You can replace seats with aftermarket buckets.Front seats weight is around 30-40kg.Also rear seats support is very heavy but you'll loose rear seatbelts.All together around 60kg but i woudnt do that unless racing on the track where weight is very important.
cheers
danny from sydney

motocrosschamp007
17th April 2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks so much for the help will definately check the spark plugs and look into the seat more maybe buy one seat n replace when racing...

Thanks for the help guys!!

SaabNGT
17th April 2010, 09:11 AM
i would put my money on stage 3 tune ideally with T5 cams and adjustable suspension for daily driven car.changing the seats will ruin uniqueness of such a rare example that you have.just to make clear to members 9-3 manual aeros in australia are extremely rare cars.if i'm not wrong only 200-300 are imported to australia.same with viggens only 50 imported and i own one :cheesy:.

motocrosschamp007
20th April 2010, 08:05 PM
True story they are rare cars unfortunately I have the automatic. I've done the springs and have tuned it I wanted to get one seat so when I go to the drag I can put that one in and take the two front ones out but it's too much hassle. Will it be worth puttin t5 cams in?? What will that do? Can it be done at home or need to be done specially?