boost contoller [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: boost contoller

ianlax55
15-04-02, 05:14 PM
Has anyone tried to install or wil it even work a electronic boost timer? Wondering if this would be a large benefit if it could be fitted.

Alex
15-04-02, 06:25 PM
Ian,

Do you mean a boost controller or shutdown timer?

Fan-TC
16-04-02, 03:27 AM
If u got a classic 900 Manual forget both.
A classic 900 auto you can get a turbo timer.

Why do you want either.
Turbo timer is just a little self control to back off about 1km before home and don't use any boost.

Boost control on a classic 900 can be done on the apc. Or for variable build yourself a variabl resistor for it that you can *** with in the car.

Otherwise just alter your boost pneumatically bleeding...

Owain
16-04-02, 04:07 AM
Shutdown timer would be fun with reverse gear lock...

tertsi
16-04-02, 06:42 AM
Do you mean like electric solenoid which keeps wastegate closed until example 1 bar is reached and then suddenly opens and keeps pressure at 1 bar, if you ment this i think it is possible and pretty easy way to have more power. You could have huge benefit in acceleration because boost increase fast to top. I think apc system should take off when this kind of thing is done.

ianlax55
16-04-02, 11:12 AM
I mean the electric solonoid that will just open when desired boost is reached then open the wastegate. ( like 1 made by blitz i was reading one of my friends rice mags and was looking at them and just started wondering.)

Fan-TC
17-04-02, 01:06 AM
If your car is an APC car fitting one of these will just mess up the existing electronics, costing money, making negligable difference and probably making the car stumble.

To have this tunability is simple on these cars. You must build yourself either a switchable or variable resistance module. By using this you can effectively trick the APC in a similar way to the BOX TWEAKS that you can do.

I personally have never done this but my father has done it on Classic 900 turbo's when i was a kid.

Going on this and the fact that in theory it should work perfectly. Give it a try with a variable resistor that can be altered by a screw. Mount this out of the way in your cabin and spend some time with a boost guage calibrating it for yourself.....

I plan on building a similar system at some stage. Imagine that, you can brag that you built your own boost controller. SWEET

Like Owain said reverse gear lock is the problem in a manual 900 and a turbo timer.
This can however be removed if you are desperate for one however DON'T. You will lose so much security. Firstly you remove the security feature of reverse gear lock (DUH) but you will also have to splice into the ignition wires when installing.
Now to hotwire your car theives will have no trouble identifying the correct wires....

ianlax55
17-04-02, 12:01 PM
thanx guys thats what i thought but i was just wondeing if it would be benefitial or not.

Fan-TC
18-04-02, 02:36 AM
Sorry to get so off the point, but if you read through the posts you will figure that a boost controller will be next to useless while APC is still running your engine boost....