what can I do to make faster?? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: what can I do to make faster??

kirks900turbo
14th April 2002, 09:03 PM
I have a 1991 saab 900 16V. What can I do to make it faster besides exhaust and k&n.
Where can I get a exhaust system from, what kind is good. What part Number for the K&N. Would a glasspack do much to it?? I don't want to spend way to much, No turbos or anything such as that.

Smackrazor
14th April 2002, 09:11 PM
You could port and polish your intake manifold and header if you're handy with a dremel

automec1062
15th April 2002, 01:05 AM
hows 260 hp sound, no major engine mods, and stock exhaust. contact sweedish performance group 9 for their stage 2 kit .around $1000.00 and 30 to 40 min. to install . you get a different apc controler, 30 psi injectors, rising rate fuel press. regulator, and dist.advance can .i also have k&n filter and a biger cat. converter. sounds stock ,looks stock ,but very hard to keep traction in 1st and 2nd gears. hits 20 psi of turbo boost in third gear .car is a blast to drive but totally mellow if you want it to be

http://www.spg9.com

mike

tandino
15th April 2002, 05:02 AM
How long does your gearbox last Mike?!
Pete.

ageybaby
15th April 2002, 04:51 PM
How much would transit charges be. Thats if they send to the UK

automec1062
15th April 2002, 09:52 PM
i bought the car last august with a locked up trans for $300.00.picked up a used trans from volvo saab dismantlers in CA.(had a rebuild tag on it) then did the hop ups in september , no problems yet . i plan on autocrossing it this year .
i do drive it in the turbo all the time . the kids are always saying "come on dad lets feel the g's". the car has 138000 miles on it and i dont think it has ever had any engine work done to it .but it runs and sounds fine

mike

abernick00
17th April 2002, 10:42 AM
mike,
i am very interested in this package you had done to your car.... my 91 SPG runs very solid, but a little rough lately... i pretty much had it rebuilt from scratch, but it doesnt have the kick i want in it.... even if i need a little work on it, they can still do the upgrade??? im not sure exactly what it needs to run smoother, i know it needs a tune up.... im just wondering if there are any circumstances where SPG 9 cannot upgrade an SPG..... and where is this place located? i would like to spend under 1500 dollars if possible.... thanks alot

automec1062
17th April 2002, 08:17 PM
http://www.spg9.com

very nice guys and helpful.i think they are in CA. i installed everything myself.click on "online catalog" then on saab then choose the group of parts you want to look at

mike