WILL 16INS AERO ALLOYS FIT 900 CARLSSON WITH 205 TYRES [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: WILL 16INS AERO ALLOYS FIT 900 CARLSSON WITH 205 TYRES

matt.b
13-04-02, 02:02 PM
IM NOT SURE WEATHER OR NOT I MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY WHEELS RUBBING ARCHES .AM IN NEED OF ADVICE

john-w
13-04-02, 02:08 PM
Matt,
Those wheels are fine on the 900 I have 205/45/16 on my wheels with no rubbing, I think pete has 205/50/16 on his & I don't think he has a problem either. I think it's only a problem with 55 profile, these can rub within the arches!!
./uploads/new-wheels.JPG

tandino
13-04-02, 03:34 PM
You might get a slight rub on the rear arches when going over bumpy ground or carrying a heavy load/ passengers.
You need to lenghthen the bumpstops on the rear of the car- this is easily done by packing the bumpstops out with some washers or something similar.
Dont believe about the so called longer convertible bumpstops, they dont exist, the only thing that Saab did was to offer a spacer kit and longer bolt similar to what i have described above!
Pete.

matt.b
13-04-02, 04:04 PM
JOHN-W ...DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IF THE 16IN GREY TRI SPOKES OFF A SAAB 9000 CARLSSON...ONLY IVE NOTICED FROM PHOTO THAT THE ONES I HAVE "SEEM TO HAVE A DEEPER OUTER SILL THAN THE AEROS ON YOUR CAR ...IS THIS AN ISSUE OR IS THE LOST PIECE OF PASSENGER WHEEL ARCH TRIM DUE TO IT SIMPLY BEING LOOSE???......LOOK FORWARD TO REPLY ..CHEERS MATT

john-w
13-04-02, 04:58 PM
There's 2 types of 9000 wheels the super aero's (mine) and the carlson aero's (these have the grey centres)
You lost me with the missing trim statement??

Here's a later picture after the aero kit was fitted and the bumpers colour coded!!
./uploads/new_trim.JPG

matt.b
13-04-02, 05:13 PM
JOHN-W ...SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION...HOWEVER THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT UNFORTUNATELY AFTER ONLY HAVING A CARLSSON FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS I SEEM TO HAVE LOST THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE WHEEL ARCH TRIM ..THIS MADE ME UNSURE ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF MY 16INS "GREY" AEROS WITH 205/50 R16'S...FEELING THAT THEY MAY BE TOO BIG ..HOWEVER UPON LOOKING ELSEWHERE ON SITE I HAVE READ ABOUT PEOPLE SQUEEZING 17INS ALLOYS ON 900'S ...AND SO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT THAT MY ORIGINAL FEARS MAYBE SUSPECT...I HOPE THIS IS TRUE ..WHAT DO YOU THINK????....CHEERS MATT

Smackrazor
14-04-02, 12:02 AM
Matt, have you heard of capslock?

tandino
14-04-02, 05:36 AM
Matt,
As John says i have the grey Carlsson Aero's on my car with 205/50/16 tyres, you need to read the post previous that i wrote regarding clearance!!
If your near Surrey/Sussex ill show you where you need to modify the bumpstops
Pete.

Alex
14-04-02, 05:51 PM
John,

There are infact 3 types of 9000 16" wheel. Carlssons also came with a 16" BBS style cross spoke alloy as well. Looked good but are a complete nightmare to clean, approx 1hr per wheel!!!

The cross spokes and 3 spoke Carlsson wheel both have a 27mm offset, part of the reason that they rub is the wheel is further out of the arch than the 15" rims. Not sure about the Super Aero (as fitted to Johns car) but I think it may have a slightly higher offset. Perhaps John can confirm this. Figures should be stamped on the centre of the wheel somewhere.

And yes, 17"s fit, I have a set on my car.