Autotragic Q&A [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Autotragic Q&A

crwchf01
01-03-10, 12:20 AM
Having never had an automatic in the Saab stable before, I have the following questions for the long time owners of such. It's an 89 900S.
1. What is the current proper fluid available in the US for the transmission?

2. Any adjustment issues that are not covered in the Bentley's that should be addressed?

3. Anyone got the manual for same on a PDF or read only website?

4. Are there any good threads on the site dealing with these critters, along with common problems?

Any other constructive observations, comments, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated

mmoe
01-03-10, 01:12 AM
1. type F I believe.

Can't help much on the rest, mine used to just work so I never had to do anything to it beyond tensioning the kick down cable.

You may want to consider having Scanwest do a service on it. They had a couple options for standard servicing ranging from maybe $250-$500 (the latter was a pretty extensive servicing IIRC).

misu
01-03-10, 07:05 PM
Hi,
as you can see, I've rebuilt autotranny for my convertible and You can see right fluid on pictures. Regarding adjustments, there are three things, what should be checked and set, throttle cable, front and rear band and that is all.
I have not Bentley, so I cannot tell you, what is missing there, but I have original workshop manual, hard copy. I could try scan it and send it, there are everything about tranny, setting, check test page, dismantling, rebuiding, etc.

crwchf01
02-03-10, 12:23 AM
Just picked up a dealer shop manual on E-bay, should be here by the time I finish the manual tranny rebuild. Thank you for your offer.