Steve's 84 GLi [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Steve's 84 GLi

saabysteve
26-02-10, 05:26 PM
:pOk so here she is , my "new" SAAB c900 a bargain at just 169
She is a 1984 GLi 5door with 160k on the clock!!
Its comes in the usual "oxidised" red that all SAABs of this age do with the beige interior.
Having seen the car on "The Bay" I bid based on the photos, upon the car being delivered it was clear the car had been stood for a while, and whilst an almost shiny red appearance in the photos she turned out to be red with a green mold like tinge!!! This left me feeling down:cry: However having spent a little time with the car I am starting to feel extremely chuffed, yes she has 160k on her and yes she has no MOT or tax and requires work to the brakes but she is remarkably solid with no rust anywhere:p Ok the paint is flat but having given her a good wash ( the colour of the water coming off the car was unbelievable) I have so far polished (all be it very quickly) the bonnet drivers door and back door and she shows promise...
I have recently purchased some 3 spoke alloys and several other parts to replace and look forward to the warmer weather to start the work required.
She still appears to have the original battery and although flat will fire up straight away with a jump....I initially thought I had headgasket probs as the car smoked/steamed from the exhaust continuously...but after starting and running for prolonged periods over 2 weeks or so everything has settled down and I am amazed how she pulls ( my drive is 150 yards or so and have great fun going up and down).. I will post further updates once polished and wheels are on..

900t
26-02-10, 08:36 PM
Cheaper than a pass to ride the bus :lol:

borderwave2
26-02-10, 09:56 PM
Original battery, HUH?

saabysteve
27-02-10, 03:46 PM
Original battery, HUH?
I have never seen an older one , so Im guessing its original... one thing I noticed is just how small it is, its tiny!

SaabFox91
27-02-10, 06:03 PM
She is quite sexy! Can't wait to see her with her new shoes on! I used to have a red '87 S Turbo, she was so oxidized she almost looked pink! lol!