started modding the Saab... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: started modding the Saab...

veritas137
14th October 2003, 09:16 PM
Took the rear badges off last week, then today I had a nice package waiting for me.

Put the new trim pieces on and also installed the JR dropin filter.

http://synthesistechnologies.com/assets/veritas137/clean2.jpg

http://synthesistechnologies.com/assets/veritas137/clean1.jpg

Tim

veritas137
14th October 2003, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah, the car is filthy right now don't worry, it will be getting a wash this weekend as well as some back to black on the trim pieces to clean up the wax.

Damn Stereo
14th October 2003, 09:24 PM
Is your car graphite green? Looks good!

veritas137
14th October 2003, 09:27 PM
Yupp, GG. It never looks as green as the Saab web site makes it out to be, it's very subtle. At night it almost looks black.

Damn Stereo
14th October 2003, 09:29 PM
Yeah that was my first choice. Did you happen to pick that up from B&B Saab recently?

veritas137
14th October 2003, 09:32 PM
Yupp, picked it up there about a month and a half ago actually.

Oh yeah, another good note, we finally got the second key today! They were about to get one made for us and then while moving an old managers desk, they found a bunch of keys including ours. :)

Damn Stereo
14th October 2003, 09:39 PM
D'oh! you took my graphite green! Came back and it was gone. Had to settle for the Steel Grey.
Anyway, how much was your trim pieces?
Notice anything with your new drop in filter?

veritas137
14th October 2003, 09:42 PM
LOL, yeah the wife and I were just doing test drives that weekend and found this car. We ended up getting a sweet deal on it and they even took my old VW for exactly what I would have sold it for on the used market. Saw the car Friday night and signed the papers on Saturday for it.

The wife drives the car mostly and right away she said she could hear the turbo better. She'll get back to me on whether it feels faster or not.

I also need to stop being lazy and get this thing strapped onto a dyno.

finklejag
14th October 2003, 10:09 PM
Looks good veritas

I bet it killed you installing those strips huh. :lol:

We need more upgrades for this car :x

veritas137
14th October 2003, 10:33 PM
Heh, actually it did take longer than expected. I used my own zip ties on the light harness but couldn't find a place to tie it to so I drilled 2 small holes on each side and fed the zip tie through them. My wife about died when I got out my drill and drill bits. :lol: :o

WASAAB
14th October 2003, 10:36 PM
My wife about died when I got out my drill and drill bits. :lol: :o
:o :cheesy: :cheesy:
Nice pics..I bet you love your car even more now.. :wink:

epsilon93
14th October 2003, 10:43 PM
That graphite green? Man, it looks almost black to me.

It's still a beauty. :wink:

finklejag
14th October 2003, 11:07 PM
I couldn't find anywhere to tie them either. I haven't heard them banging the bumper yet.

If you can take a pic for me, that would be great. I think the Euro strips are easier to remove then the NA ones.

If you don't want to, thats cool

veritas137
14th October 2003, 11:14 PM
It's dark now, but the opening that the light harness comes through, I went about an inch back from there where it is still indented and drilled two 1/8th inch holes one above the other. Pass the small zip tie through the top, around the wire, and then back through the bottom hole. There was very little room to work and took some time, but I think it will hold it good.

03_Saab 9-3
14th October 2003, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah, the car is filthy right now don't worry, it will be getting a wash this weekend as well as some back to black on the trim pieces to clean up the wax.

I have some wax on my black trim too, how does the Back to Black do for that, u ever used it before? Ive been told to use peanut butter also, just havent gotten around to it.

veritas137
14th October 2003, 11:50 PM
Dunno, but that is what a guy I know uses. I actually went out a while ago and used armor all and it got rid of all of it except one spot.

I heard the peanut butter thing also but basically all that is doing is putting oil on the car.

finklejag
15th October 2003, 02:08 AM
Thanks Veritas

I will do this tomorrow.

Peanut butter works like a charm. People say you can use a pencil eraser also.

Mickey
15th October 2003, 02:10 AM
I tried pencil eraser. It works! :D

Veritas, is that a scuff on your rim? :nono;

finklejag
15th October 2003, 02:13 AM
That is just a days worth of brake dust probably :x

Mickey
15th October 2003, 02:18 AM
You're right, Bro. Just brake dust. Whew!

BTW, those are the rims that I like. They are just like yours, Bro.

I tried to swap the 10-spoke ones for them when I bought the car, but my silly salesman said I could not. After I got the car, I realised that all other salesperson allowed the swap for a nominal charge! :evil: I am very angry with the salesman and the dealer for this boo-boo.

900t
15th October 2003, 05:49 PM
as I remember, as of the NG900, Saab put a baffle in the downpipe after the turbo. Remove it and you get a lot more turbo sound after with no ill effects on the car.