sport exhaust on vector... no HP increase? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: sport exhaust on vector... no HP increase?

CallipNCSUsaab
10th October 2003, 11:50 AM
I was thinking about getting a new exhaust for my arc.. I know the vector has the sport exhaust and suspension but are there any other "performance" differences?

same motor... same turbo.. etc same HP rating...

so.. does the exhaust not help at all in the form of gains? Turbo lag maybe... but I would think unless it was getting more air in the engine that would make more lag.

anyone?

jangler64
10th October 2003, 02:26 PM
from what i've read, the sport exhaust gives a 5hp increase. add a new filter and get another 2-3hp,

CallipNCSUsaab
10th October 2003, 02:59 PM
yeah, this is what I thought too.. but both tags on new cars say 210 HP... there is no discrepency in that so I am wondering why, is there no real gain... or is it just not on the tag for a reason?

oslowley
10th October 2003, 03:43 PM
there seems to be no gain. I changed my oval tip to a dual one and it looks the same, it does however sound much better so maybe the baffles are different hence maybe a "slight" power increase.

finklejag
10th October 2003, 05:48 PM
Thats about it callip. It has different baffles. All sound and no go.

If you want a good catback that fits below your rear valence of your Arc. Look ino the BSR. Its a true 2.5 inch catback.

jollespm
10th October 2003, 09:39 PM
I have the sport exhaust on my linear (muffler really) but I bought it that way so I can't say if it gave any power. I'm gonna guess it didn't. It does have a nice little burble at idle, but I can't really hear it over the engine when it gets going.

It's not bad for a 4 banger, but nothing like the sweet sound of the techtonics/borla exaust on my VR6.

WASAAB
10th October 2003, 09:53 PM
Turbo cars benefits lot from the Free flow Exhaust systems..
However, Saab Sports Exhaust are only for decoration..
Get a Real Cat-back Exhaust or any Straight through mufflers..Skip the Saab sports muffler..Wasting $$$
:)

finklejag
10th October 2003, 09:53 PM
It's not bad for a 4 banger, but nothing like the sweet sound of the techtonics/borla exaust on my VR6.

We sure got a lot of ex VW guys on here.

So you have the decor kit on your car?

WASAAB
10th October 2003, 09:55 PM

We sure got a lot of ex VW guys on here.

So you have the decor kit on your car?
We want pictures..
BTW..I'm still waiting for my Decor kit :P