rear diffuser: GO or NO GO?! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: rear diffuser: GO or NO GO?!

av_dumitrascu
10th December 2009, 09:26 AM
Hi!
Going ahead with my project (http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42630), I got to this idea of a rear diffuser for my dual exhaust with trailer hitch/hook.
What do you think, guys?
Is it a GO or a NO GO? Me likes it...
Thanks for inputs!

lms
10th December 2009, 10:46 AM
Is that a pic of a saab, if so who made it and I say go for it?

grkguy89
10th December 2009, 10:55 AM
Is that a pic of a saab, if so who made it and I say go for it?
lms i believe thats a computer generated diffuser
though it looks pretty real

av_dumitrascu
10th December 2009, 10:58 AM
lms i believe thats a computer generated diffuser
though it looks pretty real
^ true...

It`s a design proposed by my architect...
asked a professional to help me, seems I`m on the right path :)
Should I stay on it and launch the production?

P.S. thanks for inputs!

grkguy89
10th December 2009, 11:02 AM
i mean go for it if you make some for single exhuast too :P

av_dumitrascu
10th December 2009, 11:14 AM
i mean go for it if you make some for single exhuast too :P
when I say "in production" I mean one for me...
You see, we don`t really have an aftermarket industry in Romania...
Tuning usually means a louder exhaust (silencer deleted), tinted windows and lights and other bling factors (like VITEK stickers).
Aaaah, not to forget, CD`s swinging by the rear view mirror (idiots say they somehow trick the radars...)
So yeah, imagine me and my TROLL on the streets.
It will be hard to find a skilled craftman to custom make me one...

But if you guys want autocad project for a rear diffuser for a single exhaust, I might try to help...
Just post some ideas and the most sustained one will be sent to my architect, to make the drawings, with his designer touch :)
Standing by...

lms
10th December 2009, 11:21 AM
I think it all depends on how much it's going to cost you and weather it's really worth it?

watkins
10th December 2009, 04:47 PM
I want one. Thats pretty impressive it you can get it made

av_dumitrascu
15th April 2010, 11:26 AM
Hi everybody!
Back to the rear diffuser project, I am going to get mine next week, as pilot product (dual exhaust and towing hitch cover).
BUT, if anyone of you guys is interested, just let me know. I already asked the designer to come with a project for single exhaust on the VIGGEN/AERO bumper. I will post it asa available.
Depending on the number of interested people, I can decide what production option to use (costs reasons).
So if you are interested, just post here, to build up a potential list.
Then, we can get to the figures. Anyway, I will strive to have it done inside the price of the Hirsch rear diffuser for 9-3SS, think of some 250 EURO + shipping (to US would be under 100 EURO).
The diffuser will be made with ABS plastic (not fiberglass).
There is also the possibility to use carbon fiber, but that`s a totally different story (and IMHO, carbon fiber is more exposed to cracks, beside not going THAT well with a SAAB-not so exotic car).
Let me know!
Lucian

P.S. if you have any hints/ideas/advises, just post them, to be able in include them into the concept design.

beaker900se
18th April 2010, 05:50 AM
I would be interested but I have a 1995 900 with twin pipes, would that be catered for? Maybe will not look right on that year model?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/beaker900se/021220090031.jpg