Aero suspension [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Aero suspension

Shiston
7th October 2003, 06:51 PM
Would the aero shock/springs/swaybars be a direct replacement for an SE model 9-5 :-??

Simon
8th October 2003, 04:10 AM
Yes they would. I think if I remember correctly the Aero suspension sits about 10mm lower than standard.

Henri
24th November 2003, 04:26 PM
Bought a '98 SE 2.0 LPT a few months ago. Upgraded to a BSR/PPC stage 1 (215Bhp/353 Nm) 8) , Upgraded from SID1 to SID2 computer today ( :) handy!). Next:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444270712&category=14764

Any opinions?

Simon
24th November 2003, 04:46 PM
Can you translate it what it says? :P

Henri
24th November 2003, 04:54 PM
To my modest German knowledge:

It's a (used but in good condition) set of 4 dampers and springs for Saab 9-5 (confirmed by the seller by email) which is applied by Carline HIRSCH performance. This set is delivered without "spring dishes"(?) because it can be fitted on the OEM ones.

Henri
24th November 2003, 05:04 PM
Hopefully it should look like this:

http://www.carline-hirsch.ch/zubehoer9_5_e.htm and click "Chassis" :-??

Simon
24th November 2003, 05:22 PM
If you can get them for Euro 100 you will be laughing! :cheesy: The front dampers are just inserts so you would need to remove and re-use the struts from your current dampers.

I was going to put the Koni kit of my 9-5 on Sunday and did in fact get as far as taking the first damper/spring off the front only to discover I was short of a spanner that I needed. Even in London (it was a Sunday morning) it proved impossible to find the spanner I needed so the original damper/spring went back on again. It was so easy removing the front damper/spring! Doing it again (with the right tools :roll:) I'm sure you could remove and replace the front dampers/springs in 1-1.5 hours easy. Didn't get as far as the rear dampers/springs.

I'll try to remember to take the camera next time and take some pictures!

Henri
24th November 2003, 06:09 PM
If you can get them for Euro 100 you will be laughing! :cheesy: The front dampers are just inserts so you would need to remove and re-use the struts from your current dampers.

I'm not sure either, I'll let you know the result!

Henri
14th December 2003, 03:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444270712&category=14764

Finally, the forementioned coil-overs have arrived! :cheesy: They seems to be in good shape and of good quality, according to a friend-technician of me.
However, I couldn't find any tech. spec. :( It has written "carLINE by HIRSCH" and some code on the dampers and springs. Since Hirsch uses Eibachs-kits, does anybody has any info about these coil-overs? :-? :-??

Simon
15th December 2003, 04:20 AM
What are the part numbers on the Springs and Dampers?

Simon.

Henri
15th December 2003, 05:01 PM
On the dampers are engraved "Made in Germany" and:
Front dampers: E4-VA-CARLINE-D1
Rear dampers: E4-HA-CARLINE-D1

On the blue springs are printed:
front springs: E4-VA-CARLINE-F1
Rear springs: E4-HA-CARLINE-F1.

If you noticed, I presume the V or H are german abbrev. for "vörn" (=front) and "hinten" (=rear), and D and F for "damper"(=damper) & "federn"(=springs)