Dual exhaust/sport exhaust, OE parts for dual exhaust conversion ? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Dual exhaust/sport exhaust, OE parts for dual exhaust conversion ?

Rennsport1
06-12-09, 08:20 AM
Good morning. So if I go with a sport exhaust soon for my 2008 Aero, could someone use my OE exhaust, maybe use the bits to convert an older pre-V6 9-3 Aero, or 2.0T to a dual exhaust (with some mods to the rear bumper of course) ? I'm wondering, I hate to see a nice dual exhaust system go to waste, only 16K miles on it now. Even the tips look great, just polished them on Friday. Anyone know if Genuine SAAB would give me any credit for the OE parts(cat back) if I buy a sport exhaust from them and ask them to install it ? Thanks in advance for your answers/comments.

R.S.

idontknow
06-12-09, 11:53 AM
wouldnt hurt to try. send them an email, the worst they'll do is say no

Rennsport1
06-12-09, 02:34 PM
Thanks, will do. If not, then I'll hang on to it. I'm hoping someone can use it, and a few bucks back from the deal would be nice.

96mn12
08-12-09, 09:56 AM
Hey RS, send you a PM.

Good morning. So if I go with a sport exhaust soon for my 2008 Aero, could someone use my OE exhaust, maybe use the bits to convert an older pre-V6 9-3 Aero, or 2.0T to a dual exhaust (with some mods to the rear bumper of course) ? I'm wondering, I hate to see a nice dual exhaust system go to waste, only 16K miles on it now. Even the tips look great, just polished them on Friday. Anyone know if Genuine SAAB would give me any credit for the OE parts(cat back) if I buy a sport exhaust from them and ask them to install it ? Thanks in advance for your answers/comments.

R.S.