N/A filter question [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: N/A filter question

Mark Harrison
05-04-02, 05:24 PM
I have a normally aspirated 900 with no modifications. I was wondering whether a cone type K&N air filter would benefit the car. Although I donít post much on these boards I do read them and have read about the benefits from K&N filters with turbo cars with a modified air intake etc. Would a new K&N filter benefit my car and would it just be positioned on the AMM or would this suck in warm air and do more harm than good? I realise that with a non-turbo I am not going to get huge improvements in performance.
Thanks in advance.
Mark

Smackrazor
06-04-02, 01:06 AM
You will probably notice a slight difference. I was only driving my saab for a week before dropping in an open cone so I didn't notice anything. People say better throttle response though

nickj633
10-04-02, 07:55 AM
I used to have a 900 N/A 1993, into which i put a K&N induction system, cone filter etc. it was very easy to do, and although the only perceptable difference was the slight improvement to the throttle response, it sounded great. As far as the airflow problem, it is quite straight forward to route some piping from the grill in the front of the car to the area of the cone.
ALso the removal of the airbox made access to that side of the engine much easier. Go for it.