My new to me 06' Aero Sportcombi. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: My new to me 06' Aero Sportcombi.

toxicavenger
20th October 2009, 06:55 PM
I bought a Sportcombi from a dealer in Denver with 45k on it and they delivered to my house yesterday. It is a really cool color combo with a blue outside and a parchment interior. Now I don't the actually name for the blue yet but I am sure someone will tell me after looking at the pics of it.;) My wife and daughter have completely feel in love with it so far. I haven't actually sent it since I am overseas right now. But some of you know I have been looking at a newer model for quite some time now and haven't truely found the right price I wanted to pay. That was until yesterday!:cheesy: So here are some pics of it and please be kind because my wife isn't the best photographer in the world and neither am I. And if anyone is curious I am keeping my Gary Fisher for a while since it is going to be my car for hauling home improvement stuff around. :o

AeroKid
20th October 2009, 07:33 PM
seet ride!
I love those seats:cool:

SaabScott
20th October 2009, 07:55 PM
Nicely done!

When do you get back so you can try it out?

And the pics look great! ;)

mrbrett
20th October 2009, 09:13 PM
Nice car, looks like "Nocturne blue".

saab19
20th October 2009, 10:06 PM
Nice car, looks like "Nocturne blue".

nice.

second on the "nocturne"

Wulf
20th October 2009, 11:56 PM
So you did it, eh? Congrats Terry!

That's one of the best color combinations and blue is my favorite color. Too bad you don't see many blue Saabs. It's difficult to tell if it is Nocturne or Fusion blue from the pictures.

Enjoy. I am sure your family will have many happy miles in it. :cool:

raquettelaker2
21st October 2009, 12:26 AM
Excellent choice! I can't decide if it's Nocturne or Fusion blue either! What's the color code on the driver door? Or it might be under the hood on the fender...

290 = Fusion
300 = Nocturne

jglavin
21st October 2009, 01:04 AM
Gonna have to get some Croc prints off the glovebox :o

Haha, in any case great looking car.

SaabKen
21st October 2009, 01:49 AM
Wow, that's a great looking SC ! Congrats you guys.

cjhutch
21st October 2009, 01:52 AM
How appropriate that the front emblem has already chipped off. You could probably call the dealer and get a free one out of them to replace it. Nice ride and lately I have been really wanting a hatchback or wagon.

toxicavenger
21st October 2009, 09:27 AM
Nicely done!

When do you get back so you can try it out?

And the pics look great! ;) I get back to the US in January so then I can try it out.:(
Aerokid you said the same thing my wife said when she first sat in it.
I will have to get my wife to check and see what the color code is on it. But she doesn't really care since she loves the car. I think she is going to park her Honda for a little while and drive the Saab.:o It is funny I sent my Gary Fisher to the shop to get a new water pump, serpentine belt and all the pulleys replaced and then I buy a new car.
Hey jglavin the croc prints are standard issue with kids. My daughter said she was just getting the car ready for me so she crawled all the way thru it from front to back. Kids are funny like that!;)
I have talked to some of you offline for awhile about getting a newer Saab and what we all like about the older ones for awhile now (has it been a year already?). So I thank you all for your input. Since I was on the fence about getting another Outback, Volvo and Mercedes. Wulfers (wulf), Mt.Aero and Jssaab input was a big part of my decision. But everyones input here was a deciding factor and greatly appreciated!:cheesy:So thanks SC!

toxicavenger
21st October 2009, 09:35 AM
Here are a few things I already bought for it. I was able to get rubber Saab factory mats (which are some of the best OEM mats made) and a cargo mat from patrickaccessories shipped for 200. I already had extra Saab emblem stickers that I ordered in the past for my GF. Now I am going to probabley see if my Gary Fisher rims look good on the car since I have 3 pairs of them in the garage. There are few other things I am looking to do to it. I want a rear spoiler for it, performance exhaust and ECU upgrade. Does anyone know who all does ECU upgrades for these besides Nick and Jak Stoll? If anyone has any suggestions then send me a message. Thanks again guys! Your bro, Terry.

Shazam
21st October 2009, 10:31 AM
That is a sharp looking car. My favorite part of the facelift 9-5 is the tail lights. They just seem so fitting, especially with that color. Don't see many cars like that around. Got any pics of the Gary Fisher?

mt.aero
21st October 2009, 10:41 AM
Nice work on the car! Glad to see its another beautiful saab. As if being away wasnt hard enough already! When do I get to drive it? haha! :cheesy:

cjhutch
21st October 2009, 12:10 PM
Here are a few things I already bought for it. I was able to get rubber Saab factory mats (which are some of the best OEM mats made) and a cargo mat from patrickaccessories shipped for 200. I already had extra Saab emblem stickers that I ordered in the past for my GF. Now I am going to probabley see if my Gary Fisher rims look good on the car since I have 3 pairs of them in the garage. There are few other things I am looking to do to it. I want a rear spoiler for it, performance exhaust and ECU upgrade. Does anyone know who all does ECU upgrades for these besides Nick and Jak Stoll? If anyone has any suggestions then send me a message. Thanks again guys! Your bro, Terry.

Your car uses T7 so you can get tunes from just about any of the major players. I know JZW also does T7 tuning.

toxicavenger
21st October 2009, 01:16 PM
Mt.Aero we might be coming up that way when I come home in January so we will see about you taking it for a spin. Since cjhutch gave me some good info (thanks cjhutch, I didn't know it still used the T7) I will probabley heading out to John Z's place to have a chat with him.:cheesy: What would be everyones idea on a dual exhaust setup on it?

Wulf
21st October 2009, 01:24 PM
What would be everyones idea on a dual exhaust setup on it?:cool: :cool: :cool:

http://www.trollhattansaab.net/wp-content/Hirsch9-5dualexhaust4.jpg

http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/getAttachment.aspx?attaName=93644545-db1d-4802-aaaf-ca075a111e61

mt.aero
21st October 2009, 01:51 PM
Are you going snowboarding up here? Lemme know and I can get you and your family some deals. ;)

We ought to wrap that chrome grill in dark grey or black vinyl while you are here too! :cheesy: ......just my .02

toxicavenger
21st October 2009, 01:59 PM
Hey here is my first post with pics of my wagon http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122515&highlight=gary+fisher .That is a sharp looking car. My favorite part of the facelift 9-5 is the tail lights. They just seem so fitting, especially with that color. Don't see many cars like that around. Got any pics of the Gary Fisher?

toxicavenger
21st October 2009, 02:11 PM
Hey Wulfer's do you know what a enabler is? Joking buddy. I am looking for type of rear spoiler for my ride and not the bridge spoiler. The way it looks I think that model will fit all years of the wagon. I also want the silver roof rails but that is way to much work IMO. That exhaust is pretty sweet but my only issue is I hope a dual exhaust won't be too loud since it seems like most companies put a straight design muffler with them. I have look at some prices and I think Nick has the best price out there so far. But I am going to email JZW and see what he offers. Oh Mt.Aero I actually am trying to talk my wife into letting me get the chrome painted to match the silver strips in the interior too but we see how that goes since I usually doing everything myself it might cost me a arm and a leg for someone else to do it. She is going to pick up the GF friday so I am going to get her to drop of the new car for my Saab garage to look it over. Also I have to let know on the snowboard deal because I will be in Belize for 1 week and then I want to go out for a cruise on one of my boards. All 3 of them have been collectiong some dust! Wulfer's did you notice in the first pic of the Hirsch that it has long exhaust tips like a hotrod? That looks sweet! I guess I am going to see if one of my local shops could make that exhaust for me if I can;t find a good price on them.

Wulf
21st October 2009, 02:34 PM
We ought to wrap that chrome grill in dark grey or black vinyl while you are here too! :cheesy: ......just my .02That's what I would do. :cool:
http://wulfers.net/auto/mods95/blacktrim/index.html

TurboBlix
21st October 2009, 09:12 PM
That's what I would do. :cool:

that looks awesome. i've never seen an '06+ with that before.

congrats on the new ride, toxic! i'm partial to blue, and that shade looks great on your wagon.

SaabKen
21st October 2009, 10:45 PM
That's what I would do. :cool:

that looks awesome. i've never seen an '06+ with that before.

[whispers] He's doing the "you-know-who" wearing Ray-Ban Wayfarers look :cool:

Wulf
21st October 2009, 11:27 PM
[whispers] He's doing the "you-know-who" wearing Ray-Ban Wayfarers look :cool:From Dame Edna to Sonny Crockett with only one roll of electrical tape. :cool:

[shouts] Freeeeze scumbag!

http://www.jtm.com/eBay/miami_vice_tv.jpg

This reminds me.. I need to get some of those next week in "you-know-where".. Now where did I store my pastel jackets... :lol:

SaabKen
21st October 2009, 11:47 PM
This reminds me.. I need to get some of those next week in "you-know-where".. Now where did I store my pastel jackets... :lol:

And ...... don't wear socks with your loafers :lol:

http://srpl.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sans-socks.jpg

toxicavenger
22nd October 2009, 05:17 AM
I have been looking at the Hirsch grills and I don't know if the satin chrome will look so I might go for something a little dark. Not black but maybe the same color as the leather inserts in my seats. Also the way it is looking on the rear spoiler I might have to get the bridge spoiler. The Hirsch style one I have seen on a few Saabs but none for sale. Me and John Z has talked about upgrades so I will go over to his place when I get home and see what happens. Also we did talk about a JT dual exhaust but everything they offer is a 3 inch which is to big IMO. I will stay with a 2.5 so I don't have to deal with any exhaust droning. Let me know what you guys think.

Cm452
22nd October 2009, 03:03 PM
Nice ride but Oh Noez! itz a Slushiez!:lol:
-Cm

toxicavenger
22nd October 2009, 03:19 PM
No worries there IMO just some smooth crusing. The heck with have to deal with shifting anymore since automatics have come a long way.

Cm452
22nd October 2009, 04:23 PM
Meh, to each their own. Enjoy your ride, looks sweet.
-Cm

SaabJitty
22nd October 2009, 11:18 PM
Congrats from a fellow '06 9-5 Sportcombi owner.

I love the color, looks like fusion blue to me from the pics. The wife and I were aiming for a silver, gray or blue one when we were looking to buy and ended up with chili red. And although we've grown to really love the red, I still think Saab has very cool/unique hues of blue on their vehicles, fushion being my fave.

toxicavenger
23rd October 2009, 01:21 AM
Oh I really like the chilli red on the 9-5's. I actually wanted another silver Saab but the all of the ones I found the sellers didn't want to bargain. Most of the cars I have ever owned were silver since I think it makes the car understated and not to mentioned they don't look dirty all the time. Now my first Saab was all black and that thing was a dirt magnet! I just hope this parchment interior holds up since I have never had any color that light before. Thanks for all the good feedback!

WhiteT5
23rd October 2009, 01:39 AM
That's gotta be Nocturne Blue. It looks just like mine (the color).

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4776/dscf4332ck8.jpg

toxicavenger
28th October 2009, 03:26 AM
I just ordered up the exhaust today! http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_53&products_id=578&osCsid=f50d710a09bb04d0bd1adcbdc75deb2f . Nick tells me he has in stock so so hopefully it will be on my car soon!:cheesy: If anyone can give me some feedback on this exhaust then let me know!

toxicavenger
3rd November 2009, 12:00 PM
My wife got the exhaust in so now we are just waiting on the ECU to get to JZW to complete the full install. I will get her to take some pics when the car is done.

MacNoob
3rd November 2009, 02:04 PM
My wife got the exhaust in

Sweet! Gonna get her to to install the ECU too? Do you have to bring her drinks or anything while she's working?

toxicavenger
3rd November 2009, 02:12 PM
I would if she did do the install. But since I am overseas our local garage will be doing it.

toxicavenger
3rd November 2009, 02:47 PM
I would if she did do the install. But since I am overseas our local garage will be doing it.