Is there a large Saab following these days? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Is there a large Saab following these days?

gee93vert
13-10-09, 04:46 PM
Hi folks,

This may sound like a strange question but is there a large Saab following in the UK these days? Back in the day when I was a nipper I remember Saab's as being pretty cool cars bought only by a handful of people who wanted to be different. Does the same apply these days?

I'm about to acquire a 2002 93 Covertible at the end of the week as part of a deal but I don't think I'll be keeping it as I currently have a car that I am quite partial to. I'm going to run it for a week (maybe with the top down :lol:) to see how I get on with it. Who knows my mind may be changed...

woywitka
13-10-09, 05:02 PM
There is still a Saab following in some place, the UK has a number of Saab clubs.

We have a local Saab club here in Vancouver with a number of dedicated owners.

You got to search around a bit.

MacNoob
13-10-09, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty large. But I'm not in the UK.

78ems
14-10-09, 01:44 AM
I'm pretty large. But I'm not in the UK.
:lol: Hahaha!!! Thanks for the laugh MacNoob;)

tucksayre
14-10-09, 06:48 AM
I would say by the number of forums and activity, that there is a large saab online community. Local groups are more concentrated around large cities and the northern corners of the US.

Jezzadee
14-10-09, 07:26 AM
Groups of strangely attired, socially inept middle aged males gathering in windswept car parks on blighted and decaying industrial estates to mutter obscurities about boost pressure, fuel mapping and engine compression? No, no chance of that around here :cheesy:

DavidMorgan
14-10-09, 08:06 AM
I doubt it :roll:
But then I opted out 40 years ago ...
For a former territory :lol:
And am very happy thank you..

Now for an answer to your question .. Oui :)

gee93vert
14-10-09, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys. I guess every manufacturer has a following of some sort these days. I'm new to the forum so will have a wee look around.