FMIC - resources needed [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: FMIC - resources needed

Nuts
4th April 2002, 03:04 PM
I have recently acquired a 9k intercooler + all the pipework.

I was planning on fitting a forge intercooler but as the 9k one was free, I can't really argue! :smile:

I used to have A LOT of info (i.e. others experiences & installation details) but after several PC meltdowns I have subsequently lost all but some of my info.

Can anyone please post some urls, pics or general recommendations regarding fitting the 9k intercooler and plumbing it in. I would really like to not have to scratch my head over problems others have previously solved. :smile:

TIA

john-w
4th April 2002, 06:14 PM
Got some pics here... http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=21672092056_39084234203&US=0&c ollid=55570034203

Also search koch's posts on saabnet.

Nuts
4th April 2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks John! I belive I had some of those shots before the meltdown. I may shoot some questions at Kooch sometime, I've seen his posts before on TSN, but forgotten he had done this type of thing.

I am definately going to go for that sort of placement rather than tilt the radiator back as some others have.

tertsi
5th April 2002, 06:21 AM
9000 intercooler fit perfectly to 900 but some modifications has to be done. When i put my 9000 intercooler to my 900 i had to cut off draw hooks from front and i had to move battery to rear it was in the way of pipes i had to make hole for pipe i have little different my pipes from intercooler go straight down of the car so that's why i did the holes. I'm sorry that i can't deliver any pictures but i hope that this raise your faith to install intercooler.:smile:

tandino
5th April 2002, 06:24 AM
Maybe one day ill get round to fitting the Volvo Turbo intercooler i got.......
Pete.