Connecting heater control arm problem [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Connecting heater control arm problem

SWEET SAAB GOODNESS
30th September 2009, 04:41 PM
Hiya, I'm attempting a few home repairs and have run into a couple of problems. The heater control arm is not connected on either end. I have the left speaker out, the radio removed, and much of the dash apart (overkill). How do I remove the radio bracket so I can get access to the back of the heat control switch?

Also next up I'm replacing the brakelight switch and for the life of me can't figure out where the bolts are to let loose under the hood. Near the fuse box there are two bolts that might be it, I can't discern any other purpose for them. Is that it?

Not thrilled with the Bentley manual. most of the helpful information I've come across is from this site.

Thanks for the help.

SWEET SAAB GOODNESS
30th September 2009, 05:28 PM
Also next up I'm replacing the brakelight switch and for the life of me can't figure out where the bolts are to let loose under the hood. Near the fuse box there are two bolts that might be it, I can't discern any other purpose for them. Is that it?

Yep, they are it, the two bolts threw me off. Still could use help with the radio bracket though.

SWEET SAAB GOODNESS
30th September 2009, 07:58 PM
Yep, they are it, the two bolts threw me off. Still could use help with the radio bracket though.

Not anymore, found that info as well.

Is there any way to bolster the connection of the heater control arm and the control knob? Has anyone tried a twist tie or something of the like? I don't like how the arm was just floating around in there not connected to anything.

mphilleo
30th September 2009, 08:14 PM
I'm sure you could find a way to bolster that connection if you really think it's necessary. To be honest, I just did the first half of this job last night and I have to say, you've got to REALLY be trying to disconnect that arm to actually get it off. If it's liable to pop off without you helping it along, you've got some loose screws in your dash or your control valve is probably loose as well.

In which case, you'd have wet feet.