anyone know anything about flowmaster?? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: anyone know anything about flowmaster??

Stealth
2nd April 2002, 11:17 PM
I want a flowmaster muffler on my spg, anyone know anything about these? got a part number/model? thanks!

saab16valve
3rd April 2002, 10:05 AM
a flowmaster...never heard of a flowmaster on a saab. I put a Borla performance exhaust on my car and it sounds unbelieveable. Where about are you from in Maine?

DanF.
3rd April 2002, 01:16 PM
I heard that flowmaster exhausts were not very beneficial to Saabs. don't ask me why, i can't figure it out either.
On another note, where did you get your borla muffler from, did you order it online, or from a parts shop, Im in central/western NH and want a better muffler.
regards

saab16valve
3rd April 2002, 03:03 PM
Husker Performance they have borla exhaust components there at a VERY good price. They ship very quickly as well and the quality of a borla muffler is AWESOME!Not sure of the website for husker performance but go under search husker performance and you will find it.

Viktor
3rd April 2002, 03:53 PM
Flowmasters don't work well on turbos. The stock 900 exhaust is fine so there is no need to get a borla or anything like that. If you want 10 hp take out your cat. Maine doesnt emissions inspect so you should be all set.

saab16valve
3rd April 2002, 05:34 PM
yeah they do!!! No cat is illegal...any exhaust louder then stock is also illegal...

Stealth
6th April 2002, 05:50 AM
I am in West Forks, Maine....about 1 hour North of Skowhegan and 45 minutes South of Canada...

Im still not sure what I'm going to put on it. I have a glass pack on my '85 SPG, and it sounds great, but I want to try something different on my '86 SPG.....Dynomax maybe?

DanF.
6th April 2002, 04:43 PM
LOL, Glasspacks. Who's chevy did that come off of? Why not try some 9" Cherry bombs on the saab?

Stealth
7th April 2002, 01:39 AM
actually, over at saabnet, there are a few posters who have them on there saabs, and thats where I got my idea :smile:

As for a cherry bomb....haha knaw, my friend has one on his Ford though

Janne Selinummi
7th April 2002, 11:33 AM
You will get a similar improvement power-wise with installation of a racing catalyst -however they are expensive.
The Saab Turbo stock exhaust is rather good, like Viktor said.
It only becomes a restriction with higher boost levels that are only possible with other modifications made as well.
With up to 200 hp, you can get away with the stock exhaust, but high-end power will improve with a free flow system.

DanF.
7th April 2002, 05:15 PM
All i really want is around 200+/- HP.
No need on going through gearboxes like Keith.

my kraia
10th April 2002, 08:36 PM
Flowmaster mufflers are not very good for 900 because the muffler sits right under the front seats and it make so much noise and resonates so much it will drive you crazy! Flowmasters are a chamber muffler, so it muffles the sound by going through diffrent passages or chambers which dampen the sound. I have a Magnaflow muffler with larger pipeing on it and it does a awesome job. Magnaflow is a free flow muffler that uses ceramic packing to decrease sound. They give a great sound, really good performance, and they aren't so loud in the cabin that it sounds like an old muscle car with strait pipeing.