strait pipe'd 9-3 (video) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: strait pipe'd 9-3 (video)

hansta
6th August 2009, 02:31 PM
what's going on guys!?
i lowerd my car and it was good and all....but saab being as is was just tooooo quiet for my taste. i did have resonator cut out before springs were done but it almost made no difference,

so i was thinking and while searching and looking at videos of other 2.0t engine cars with cut outs or no exhaust, i thought to myself "it can't be THAT bad" haha

i had mine cut out so i'm runing strait pipe from cat back

it sounds pretty good to my taste up to about 35k rpm and afterthat it sounds like ...well here's the link haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHmnSeLypA0

it sounds like SRT4 on roids haha

i did notice the car feels little more sensitive but gets pretty decent drone while cruising on highway.

and it DEF. scares littles children on my block haha lettme know what you think? and hopefully it'll give you guys better sense because there weren't that many people messing with saabs on youtube

Liandros
6th August 2009, 03:38 PM
I guess it'll sound mean, but it sounds almost like a fart can civic type exhaust note to me :(

Here's some more exhaust mod youtube videos

3" down Without reso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzx-ayK_Ak0&NR=1

BSR Exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYylp6UL_y8&feature=related

hansta
6th August 2009, 05:29 PM
notes from my camera make the pitch sound a weeee bit high, but i agree it's getting there.... im running it like this for couple months and i was thinking borla or flowmaster muffler.

alexdrops
6th August 2009, 05:42 PM
Damn its loud! hahah SRT4?? :cool: I like the way it sounds and I don't at the same time; kinda like when i had the yellow laminx on my headlights, there were days it looked good and days that it didnt look good at all (I know strange). We all know that these engines dont really have a nice sound and thats the only reason why i havent touched my exhaust yettttt.....But i really really think a 3 inch downpipe (MP downpipe for example) will change that and make it sound amazing. That's why the MP downpipe is next on my list!

So i guess what Im trying to say, Hansta, is that you should get a downpipe :D

see ya around hopefully!

Wilder
6th August 2009, 07:21 PM
I love this!!!

My next mod is 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch line with no muffler....

For now just this...

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/wilderrolla/?action=view&current=MVI_1546.flv

Edit: It's my friend in the car...

PoisonBeef
6th August 2009, 09:32 PM
I love that you can hear the turbo so much.

Probably a little loud for my taste.

Also, straight pipe.

hansta
6th August 2009, 10:57 PM
down pipe sounds VERY tempting but i'm a little worries with no muffler, downpipe will only make it louder AND raspy at the same time. it really does sound different in real then the video.. and it's true what alex said, there are times i REALLY freakkin love how loud it is and there are times when i regret doing this haha but~ i like getting people's reaction when they see my car

you don't exactly see too many white saabs wit orange wheels that sounds louder then your john deer:cheesy:

stamonkey
7th August 2009, 02:53 PM
Kudos for trying something different, but not for me. It sounds like a '92 Saturn with a rusted out exhaust. I think you should go for the DP, then get a race cat, and maybe a Flowmaster muffler or something. It will still be loud as hell, but won't sound so raspy.

DanF.
7th August 2009, 03:07 PM
I love this!!!

My next mod is 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch line with no muffler....

For now just this...

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/wilderrolla/?action=view&current=MVI_1546.flv

Edit: It's my friend in the car...

Fan of Keystone light?

hansta
7th August 2009, 03:24 PM
haha i like everyone's comments and i warned you!! it's loud~ haha and i also said i'll get exhaust done in couple months, i'm gonna try to ride it out as long as i can just so i can say i've done it..for personal satisfaction iguess~

hansta
7th August 2009, 03:26 PM
Kudos for trying something different, but not for me. It sounds like a '92 Saturn with a rusted out exhaust. I think you should go for the DP, then get a race cat, and maybe a Flowmaster muffler or something. It will still be loud as hell, but won't sound so raspy.

thanks for the comment! i was actually trying to decide between exhaust or DP...i'm gonna have to do one at a time unfortunately and them parts aint cheap!!

Wilder
7th August 2009, 04:11 PM
Fan of Keystone light?

??????

stamonkey
7th August 2009, 06:18 PM
??????

There are Keystone Light cans behind your car, and I think a Coors Light can as well.

IMHO Keystone>Coors Light>Keystone Light The only problem is that its hard to find just regular Keystone.

Wilder
7th August 2009, 07:08 PM
Dont know about Keystone beer...

Behind my car it was bud light and Coors light... Coors is my favorite but when you buy a 24 can of bud light the give me a volley ball balloon.... I can't resist...! :p

Varilux
7th August 2009, 08:47 PM
Of all of them, I actually like the BSR (second link in second post). The tone as the revs come down has a unique "steely" sound (like a metal blade being drawn from a scabbard or something).

(Plus, when I come home at 2am after a night out, I wouldn't wake ALL the neighbors...)

MI-Roger
7th August 2009, 09:46 PM
There is a guy in Brighton or Howell who installed a Megan Racing exhaust system on his 9-3. I don't know if he You-Tubed the sound clip, but he did post here when he installed it.