Anyone here from GTA (Ontario Canada)? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Anyone here from GTA (Ontario Canada)?

Autotechnica
26th July 2009, 02:43 PM
Just got an Aero and looking for some SAAB people to meet up with.

Bry

North Toronto Punter
26th July 2009, 05:02 PM
Howdy 'AutoT',

The Saab Club of Canada meets once per month -- in Toronto ( usually at at Katz's Deli near Yorkdale Mall). Next meeting is Wed Aug. 19th at 7:30 pm.

From the Webite [www.saabclub.ca] (http://www.saabclub.ca]) :

The Saab Club of Canada, founded in 1978, is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the owners' enjoyment of their Saab in a convivial atmosphere. There are members across Canada, though the majority live close to metropolitan Toronto.
Membership includes a monthly newsletter, monthly meetings in Toronto with interesting guest speakers, car clinics, opportunities to enroll in enhanced driving schools held by the club, discounts on car related products at numerous businesses including many Saab dealers, social events and a sympathetic ear for any compliments or complaints about your Saab.
Applications for chapters across Canada are welcome, as are individual members.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Autotechnica
26th July 2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply! Didn't you guys use to host track days at mosport? Do you guys have any auto-x events? I'll try my best to make it!

Bry

North Toronto Punter
26th July 2009, 05:29 PM
Pleaure Bry,

At Shannonville, in fact ['Enhanced Driving School'].

Best deal round! $ 265.00 CDN for the day (lunch included, no taxes).

Next one Friday,Oct. 2 and already filling up.

No sanctioned auto-X events, I'm afraid. Though other club members might have knowledge of...

SaabScott
26th July 2009, 06:16 PM
Welcome to Saab Central ... and as one of our local Turbo-X owners mentioned, you should come out and meet the group in August.
I will be freshly back from SOC09 in Colorado by then (sounds like a good topic for our meeting).
Looking forward to meeting another new Saab owner (and hopefully, new club member).

Earth Brown
27th July 2009, 11:03 PM
Pleaure Bry,

At Shannonville, in fact ['Enhanced Driving School'].

Best deal round! $ 265.00 CDN for the day (lunch included, no taxes).

Next one Friday,Oct. 2 and already filling up.

No sanctioned auto-X events, I'm afraid. Though other club members might have knowledge of...

Shannonville rocks for bikes too.

Cayuga is good too, I think it is closer to TO.

K

Autotechnica
27th July 2009, 11:12 PM
I didn't like Shannonville because of the rough road surfaces. It really rips the tread out of your tires. Their maintainence on the track lately has been really lacking. I've hit pot holes full of water on the track from rain days ago. My Favorite track has to be dunnville. It's very smooth, nice corners, but lots of braking involved.