1984 900 Aero or SPG prototype? Questions [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 1984 900 Aero or SPG prototype? Questions

mdmcatee
16th July 2009, 09:04 AM
Hi,

Does anybody know if this could be an authentic SPG or aero prototype? I have spent hours trying to research this online I cannot find anything. Is it just a 1984 with aero or SPG side skirts? In Europe it was called the Aero of course and I was told that it was imported from a collector in Austria then I just brought it from Canada to the states.

I have read that there where only 6 protypes in Pearl White with Colorado red interior in the states in 84. This car does have original Colorado red carpet and the rest of interior has been upgraded to gray. I cannot tell what this paint color is, if it is original. I can't find the code, if there is one?

Overall it's a cool machine with a ton of performance upgrades! It is completely rust free, what do you think something like this could be valued at? The odometer reads 200k + but everything has been completely overhauled.

Any help, suggestions, or information would be great please.

Thanks,
Mike

KurBads
20th July 2009, 07:44 AM
sorry man, to me that`s just a WHITE c900 aero. It`s not a pearl white.
Look here for what the prototype should look like http://www.trollhattansaab.net/archives/2008/07/saab-900-aero-prototype-restoration-continues.html
Newertheless, the car looks quite nice.

Shan
20th July 2009, 09:41 AM
The Aero/T16S/SPG prototypes all had 16v engines, this appears to have an 8v.

I'd love to see some close up pics of the engine, especially the fuel delivery pipes which seem non-standard.

rawill
21st July 2009, 12:20 AM
Well whatever the car is it looks to be in mint condition. What a find, is it yours or are you going to buy it.

Max Blast
21st July 2009, 12:40 AM
That car has surfaced again....it's a frickin joke. :roll: It's just an average 8 valve T that someone has built up decently enough, but pay no extra money due to the boisterous claims of it being a SPG/Aero prototype, because it is not.
There was a thread on that car about a few months back, search for it.

Pap
22nd July 2009, 04:41 AM
When I saw this on ebay, I had a hunch it wasn't a real '84 SPG and when I saw the 8v engine I knew. The color isn't correct either. But like others have said, looks like a pretty nice car.

edit: Here is the car on the bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260420803446&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

woywitka
22nd July 2009, 06:17 PM
Pearl whites had Colorado red interiors including the dash. THe 16V turbo engine was used. THe car has a colour coded body kits and was painted in Pearl White not Cirrus white.

I would not pay much for that car, nice, but not rare.