Help me fix my car. (Free beer) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help me fix my car. (Free beer)

DanF.
30th May 2009, 02:45 PM
Cause:

I installed a stage 2 ECU upgrade via T5 Suite yesterday afternoon on my 9000 Aero.

Effect:

Last night I killed my clutch from during a thorough "adaptation run" and had to get a tow home.

If I apply very minute throttle I can get the car to barely roll forward on flat, level ground. And it stinks. Literally.

So my proposition is that if anyone is willing to help me fix the clutch I will feed you and get you as drunk as you like. I have no experience doing serious work on my Aero... it has literally been a dream car for the 1 year I've owned it.

Plus I think it would be a good excuse for local Saabers to get together. And I don't have the tools to brace the engine, etc.

Location: Keene, NH ( I have a huge parking lot to work in. It's paved and holds about 8 cars, and everyone is mostly gone due to school being out for the summer.)

Like I said... free beer.

boon94
30th May 2009, 03:01 PM
So my proposition is that if anyone is willing to help me fix the clutch I will feed you and get you as drunk as you like. I'll help :cheesy:
I'll bring my Allen wrenches?

DanF.
30th May 2009, 03:47 PM
I'll help :cheesy:
I'll bring my Allen wrenches?

I'm pretty sure you kidding, being in Maine and all. But I do appreciate the support.

My offer still stands though. (if you're close to the coast, take I-95 south to I-93 north, to I-89 north, to Rte. 9 west, all the way to Keene, NH. Sounds close, haha.)