SaabCentral Forums banner

A variety of problems w/ 93 9000 CDE turbo

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  supasaab9k 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm new to this forum.

I've got a 9000 with turbo, a 93 CDE. It has several issues.

First is the TCU light is on, and I'm in limp home--permanently. Now, the TCU light sort of hesitates when the car starts--the light only glows a little bit, then strengthens and becomes strong and stays that way. A while ago the TCS light wouldn't come on until the car got hot then it would jump on.

I've sprayed contact cleaner into the TCS connections I know about--the box under the drivers seat and also all the fuses. The vacuum hoses look okay to me. Now, the Check engine light is on as well. It's flashing a code for the Throttle Position sensor. Would that be affecting the TCS?

Second--how, exactly, do I replace the throttle position sensor? I believe it is on the drivers side of the throttle body, correct? Down lower on the body, beneath the accelerator cable. I've disconnected the clip to it, but I can't find any way to remove the sensor itself. Is there a screw or something? It's hard to see anything. And I'm not the best mechanic in the world. I also live in a rural area, and the nearest guy with an Isat or something is around 150 miles away.

Third, the car is stalling on me occasionally. I'm driving along (usually either at a low speed or slowing down to turn a corner) and the car dies on me. Tachometer drops to zero and I'm rolling to a stop. Funny thing is, I can't restart the car for about 10-20 minutes. It turns over fine, but just won't catch. Then, all of a sudden, it fires right up as if nothing were wrong.

I'm hoping a new throttle position sensor will fix all of this, but what else should I look for?

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.