SaabCentral Forums banner

Help! 9000 Transmission Issues.

574 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SAAB kid 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 9000 CSE Turbo. Just last week the transmission started acting up.:x It only happens some of the time which confuses me. It will start out really slow in first and second (automatic transmission) and the R.P.M.'s will jump up to close to 4000 prior to shifting. It was shifting between 2-3k. I am hoping that it is only a minor issue and can be fixed easily (cheaply). The car has 152,000 miles on it. I checked the transmission fluid and it is dark (not the pink/red that it should be). One time it slipped (felt like I just got rear ended) prior to shifting to second gear out of first. I do not notice any issues in the two higher gears. Does anyone have any suggestions other than getting the fluid changed? Am I better off dumping my baby and getting something different while it still drives?

Thanks

#2 ·
I really hate these symptoms ... it happened to me and 2 days later it never started rolling again ,just revved out all the way with no movement at all. i needed a new transmission ,1.5 k for everything :(

I fixed it coz i thought a Saab is too good to throw away..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.