SaabCentral Forums banner

check valve? pcv valve?

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  KevinC 
#1 ·
i bought this replacement part as the one i had was trashed, air coming through both ends, the problem is i cannot find anywhere, ("web search and haynes") as to which end goes where, the new valve has some sort of sealed end when blown through and the other lets air pass through, the actual part is a replacement in white with an arrow embossed.. any help much appreciated..

#4 ·
My check valve is constantly popping off from the manifold side, used a bread tie to keep it on there while the permatex spray cured. Hasn't popped off since, but i was thinking about replacing the check valve all the same because I spot oil drops on the check valve ends.

My main question is will any PCV check valve do? And what is the best way to secure these vacuum hoses to the check valves, and other connection points. Permatex seems to work the best so far, but not as well as I would like.

Also:
I had the PCV valve adapter coming off the valve cover permatexed as well to prevent air leaks but have sense removed the permatex because I had heard the PCV valve adapter should have minor gaps.

#5 ·
PCV check valve on turbo engines is one way to prevent boost from pressuring the crankcase. Normally aspirated engines do not need this feature as the manifold is always under slight vacuum. Therefore, not just any check valve will work and I recommend you use only the SAAB fitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.