SaabCentral Forums banner

93 9000CSE Accelerator Pedal & Check Engine Light

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Marrk 
#1 ·
All of a sudden in 1st gear lost gas pedal - engine continued to run, but could not operate accelerator. Turned car off and tried again - got to 2nd gear then shifting into 3rd, same thing - lost accelerator pedal - engine never stalled - just could not push pedal to even revv engine. Again turned off and parked for awhile. Went back an hour later, started right up, able to shift through all gears - car seemed normal but noticed now the 'check engine' light is on. Any ideas??? :roll:

#6 ·
my 93 9000cse

Thanks for the welcome and helpful information! from what little I have read on the TCS, looks like it can be disengaged? Would this be the solution? The TCS light has not come on - only the Check Engine light is on. Car ran purfectly after being off for an hour - I guess it is in safety mode - but I do not want to risk any further damage! Still waiting on call from mechanic to see what the diagnostics were on it. I now have suggestions to throw out to him!

#7 ·
Code 256?

Just got word that the scan is reading it to be code 256. The mechanic is scratching his head as does not have that code on his list for the Saab so he placed a call to the dealer and waiting on them! All vacuum and electrical connected and clean. Living in a small town, you get small town mechanics - too bad I don't have an old Chevy truck for them to work on - but hell, I could work on that myself!!

#8 ·
Yours is the change over year model and should be hooked up to Tech 2 communicator, previously saab used ISAT, however, fault codes between the 2 units can sometimes be mixed up. I was told the Tech 2 used on my car said the ECU was faulty when my car was in limphome mode ($1000 to replace). I suspected vacuum hoses incorrectly fitted and phoned a mate of mine to check his identical car and in front of the mechanic was told the vaccuum hoses going to the tcs solenoids had been fitted incorrectly.......quick swap over and checked from mechanics workshop manual pics confirmed this was the problem!! Garage would have changed ecu if I hadn't stopped them and ripped me off.
Always be wary on fault codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.