SaabCentral Forums banner

Clutch Bleeding

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  899000turbo 
#1 ·
So i under stand you pressurize or vacuum

Ways i have tried include and are limited to:
Hooking a clear tubing up to the bleed nipple and a vaccum and pulling fluid out tighten back didn't work.

tube from bleed nipple to brake fluid then manually pumping clutch didn't work

heres my question, what is the easiest way to do this i want to hurry u[ and be done with this. also what components do you guys buy which method do you use i haven't done anything that has worked yet

also pics will be best here k thanks
Area6

#2 ·
hi there, in my experience 9000 clutch cylinders do leak air, if your pedal goes up and down try filling your fluid reservoir to the top with fluid put the cap on and then pump the pedal fast about 50 times or so, ive done this before and its helped, regards mick.

#8 ·
i have a bit of a problem again.
beside the brake fluid i have spilled, there is dripping brakefluid under the trans.:eek:
also it seems theres no end to the air bubbles.

lastely how much play should the slave have i can move it a bit whilst im holding the bleed nipple

#9 ·
The old way (pumping the pedal) is the worst method..I understand that one should use a pressure bleeder..I use gravity, or just atmospheric pressure, which usually is effective..
Test the master, if it produces poor or no pressure at its output, then rebuild it.

#10 ·
I'm never the person that looks at the brightest side.
so im coming to the conclusion that my slave has failed, the leak gets way stronger when i try to pressurize or vaccume the system.

how do test if the slave failed? b/c when i put pressure i just hear it coming back out the other side :nono;
and to tell u the truth the other salve was perfectly fine.

I'm sure i can re-do this and have it re bleeding by tuesday but i want to make sure before i proceed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.