New guy [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: New guy

Welcho
26-04-09, 02:21 PM
Hey all, been lurking for a while and decided to finally register, so here I am to say HI. I bought an '04 9-3 SS Linear last fall, then stumbled across this site. Which consequentially, has helped me out tremendously. Overall I'm pretty pleased with my first SAAB, think I'll hold on to her for a while. Thanks!

Swede Dreams
26-04-09, 04:20 PM
Glad you took the plunge, bro. Welcome aboard. I too am enjoying my first Saab, although a bit older. This site is amazing, and has helped me with issues and I've gotten great advice as well. Enjoy your "born from jets", incredible Swedish car. I'm so hooked on these great vehicles, I wouldn't consider going back to something ordinary. Swede

Vector-SS
26-04-09, 04:22 PM
Welcome to our Saab family :cool:

Congrats on your new purchase. You might want to be posting some pics of your car or else it can be considered a sin :lol:

See you in the 9-3 boards..

Saab forever
26-04-09, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the forum. And enjoy your new car!. :cool:

saab19
26-04-09, 06:45 PM
welcome, and enjoy!!

fishvt
26-04-09, 07:51 PM
I am planning on picking up my first ever Saab Wednesday. I bought a 2006 9-3 2.0 . I've never had sporty car before, it was quite an experience to test-drive !!

The first question my son asked is "can it hook up my ipod?" . It has an aux jack in the center console. Is it as simple as that? Would I need to switch the stereo to AUX each time you re-start the car?

These are probably stupid questions asked many times, so I apologize ahead of time.

Also , can it play CD's with songs burned from Itunes?

Thanks for any help!!

Welcho
26-04-09, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.
here are a few pics from back in Sept. when i bought it.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/BrionWelch/2004%20SAAB%209-3SS/IMG_3385.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/BrionWelch/2004%20SAAB%209-3SS/IMG_3393.jpg

Swede Dreams
27-04-09, 01:27 AM
Wooeee! That sure is a fine ride you got there, bro. Elegant, refined, sophisticated. I drove an '05 9-3 on a test drive last summer. Buddy, the ride, power, handling, fit and finish, comparing to my sister's Benz, was far and above the Benz. I have nothing at all against a M/B, they are excellent cars, but that Saab was just a delight. I imagine your Saab is as well. Btw, thank you for your military service. Swede

Rennsport1
27-04-09, 02:52 PM
Welcome ! Nice 9-3 ! Any mods (PPC/intake) ?

Welcho
27-04-09, 10:33 PM
Thank you gentlemen, I must agree, it has all of the above stated, and then some. As for mods, there are none, for now anyway. Maybe some tint, lower it and some new wheels, but that would be about the extent of it. It is my paid for commuter, which here isn't that far, about 12 miles one way to base. I've gone down the "import tuner" road for about 10 years now, mostly nissan, and i just needed a little bit 'o luxury for my daily drive to and from work. Perhaps in the futre I'll get back into the project car thing, but for now I like just driving the car. As for military service, it is an honor and a pleasure to serve, all of you who I have yet to meet it matters not, everyone deserves to be protected. Swede...I am originally from central KY, whereabouts are you located?

here is my most recent tuner from when I was stationed in Okinawa Japan...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/BrionWelch/1994%20Nissan%20Skyline%20GTS25t/skyline0102.jpg

valbowski1980
27-04-09, 11:08 PM
here is my most recent tuner from when I was stationed in Okinawa Japan...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/BrionWelch/1994%20Nissan%20Skyline%20GTS25t/skyline0102.jpg

An R33....? I think that I just got a bit hot an bothered........

Welcome man! You are in good company here.

stamonkey
28-04-09, 01:33 PM
The first question my son asked is "can it hook up my ipod?" . It has an aux jack in the center console. Is it as simple as that? Would I need to switch the stereo to AUX each time you re-start the car?

These are probably stupid questions asked many times, so I apologize ahead of time.

Also , can it play CD's with songs burned from Itunes?

Thanks for any help!!

Yes, its basically as simple as that for an ipod. Plug the ipod in, change the source to aux, and your good to go. When you restart the car it should still stay on aux. Mine does.

Yes it can play burned CD's, just not mp3 cds.

Welcho
28-04-09, 08:45 PM
Yes, its basically as simple as that for an ipod. Plug the ipod in, change the source to aux, and your good to go. When you restart the car it should still stay on aux. Mine does.

Yes it can play burned CD's, just not mp3 cds.
Thanks for the info, a bit down the road for me, i can digg the FM tuner for now.