My T16 Project Car... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: My T16 Project Car...

turbo1992
20-04-09, 05:24 PM
After a short search I found this on ebay. Mechanically sound w/155 on the clock. I have sorted out the basics, i.e. vac lines, apc tweeking, wastegate, etc. Turns out it's pretty much rust free and a great base. I have started on the paint work. I haven't decided if I will go dark metalic grey or black. Interior will be completely redone. Aftermarket front seats and the rest will be rcovered and panels will be dyed. Dark black tint will keep it looking stealth. Not sure what I will do performance wise. I do know I will most likely go to a 3" SS exhaust and bump up turbo components and grab a little extra HP...it's fine for now with the apc tweeked a bit.

CapCom
21-04-09, 12:11 AM
Damn you Florida boys seem to be getting all the good saabs! Your car looks great, post up some more pics!

turbo1992
04-05-09, 11:39 AM
I have finally decided to go jet black on the exterior [base/clear] w/flat black rocker panels. On the interior I am going to change things up a bit from stock. I will dye the door panels black and use tan ostrich on the inserts and then also it on the rear package shelf and speaker enclosures that flank the shelf. I am also planning to remove the dash pad, fill the center recess [useless] and re-cover it in a fine grain matt black vinyl. The ostrich is a very cool material that has a leather feel and look that is used on custom cars, you have to see it to appreciate it ;)

CapCom
04-05-09, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a pretty big project make sure you make a worklog with tons of pictures for this thread, I'm very excited to see the results you get.