SaabCentral Forums banner

shocks shocks and more shocks

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sleepy3863 
#1 · (Edited)
after driving around on the FDR and hitting the pot holes on a daily biases going 60+ I think I have destroyed at least one of the two front shocks can somebody give me some advice.... please??

*****Symptoms**********
1. when going btw 45 and 60 , it gets kinda bouncy more so on the passenger side I thought it was just the road but then this started happening....

2. When I break going 40 + I feel the steering wheel shuddering left and right slightly when I stop

I'm assuming I have busted my right shock, any thoughts?? Or am I way off??

*****Also if I end up replacing my shocks, DO I need to replace the springs aswell???

Thanks guys

I am starting this thread b/c whatever I end up doing I'm going to be posting pics to give back

----MISO

--------------------------

"Someday my little headlight wipers will wipe again:cry:"

See less See more
#3 ·
have you done a fair amount of hard braking since the last time you changed the pads? when was the last time the rotors wer resurfaced or replaced? from previous experience, the shuddering/shimmying of the steering wheel from left to right under braking is usually related to warped rotors...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.