Odd APC? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Odd APC?

djtaylor
5th September 2003, 03:24 PM
I bought an APC from Ebay with the intention of modding it according to the various bits of info around. This evening I got round to changing resistors only to find that when I tried to fit this APC to my 1992 9000 CDS lpt that the connector on the APC(?) that I was removing was too long.

In the Saab EPC it seems that this unit that I have on my car isn't the APC but ETS? (What's an ETS, there's no traction control on my car).

I opened up this part to find that there are no F, P or K pots or any other obviously tweakable bits whatsoever.

I thought that maybe my APC is under the passenger seat but that space is vacant.

So, my question is, what do I have and when did it all change? Are ECU upgrades the only option now? Is this what I have?

Thanks

David.

Rhich
8th September 2003, 08:09 AM
If my memory serves me correctly the 1992 9000 with turbo has and ECU only… located under the drivers seat.
This ECU is a DI/APC ECU and there is no APC unit like on the earlier LH2.2 & LH2.4s.
Not much you can do to these units other then replacing the fuel chip and or the PROM chip both located in the same unit

djtaylor
8th September 2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks, that's pretty much what I'd figured. I just wanted to bring the up the power a bit if I could.

Just as well my other car is a 9000 Aero. :)