SaabCentral Forums banner

ecu location etc

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff325 
#1 ·
where is the ECU located in the 9000, and what is the 'box' on top of the tunnel under centre console, at the back near bulkhead bolted to the floor. thanks. Just stripping my sons 1993 9000 out for spares(g/box gone) for his new 1993 9000 thanks

#2 ·
Hi
The ecu is situated below the black plastic trim that covers the aquarium on the passenger side, just in front of the wiper motor.
Not sure what your box on the transmission tunnel maybe. On the later SRS (airbag) equipped models the SRS ecu sits there but I don't know what it would be on a 93 unless of course your 93 has an airbag !
When I get chance I will look at my wifes 93 (no airbag) and see if I can identify it for you. I am sure however there are other 93 owners that will be along soon and be able to answer

#3 ·
The T-5 engine ECU on a 1993 will be underneath the false bulkhead (aquarium) cover in the engine compartment on the left corner. The ABS control module will be mounted on the battery tray.

The control module that is in the center of the floor, underneath the center console right in front of the firewall is the SRS computer.

If the car has TCS the ETS and ASR (if Auto trans) control modules will be underneath the left driver's seat.

The central door lock module and cruise control module (if a Non-TCS car) will be underneath the dash on the left side.

The alarm module will be behind the glovebox along the right side of the car.

#4 ·
right job done, thank you all for your help in locating items. now safely removed and stored,with the other bits? just hope we don't need them, but the rest is now for the scrapyard unfortunately, but at least we have some bits just incase:cheesy:

#6 ·
That' s a big NOPE for the cruise control module.

In the TCS cars, there is no vacuum type cruise control system. The ETS control module for the TCS system also controls the cruise control.

If you look at the cruise cutout switches on the pedals of a TCS car you will notice there is no vacuum lines going to the switches, as on a Non-TCS car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.