SaabCentral Forums banner

Building a custom APC unit

514 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  YoungSaaber 
#1 ·
Basically, I'm looking to build a device that can keep the boost at around 1.3 bar throughout the RPM range. What the car does now is either bounce off fuel cut or it hits 1 bar and then tapers off down to base boost.

Where can I find a knock signal on the car, and how does it communicate knock in terms of voltage?

If the custom BPC controller were to completely ignore knock, would the Trionic's timing adjustments be enough to prevent damage?

If using high quality fuel and post-intercooler water injection, would there be any reason to fear knock?

#2 ·
Well, you'll need it re-mapped to negate the fuel cut, so you might as well get T5 suite up and running or use someone who already has it up and running and get the car remapped for 1.3 BAR without fiddling with the APC-you can use the stock APC for huge boost. But as I say, the stock fuel cut is well before 1.3 BAR, and you'd have to have the car remapped to get around that anyway...

Just my thoughts from the little I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.