SaabCentral Forums banner

93 9000cs brake diagnosis/gameplan

554 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sachilles 
#1 ·
So I've come upon a free 93 9000 cs(turbo auto). While it wouldn't be my first choice, it was free. I really have no desire to put a ton of cash in to it, as I have other more pressing needs for cars in the fleet. However, if I can make it drivable, it will make a fun rallyx beater and maybe something run at a hillclimb for giggles.
It's actually in pretty decent shape for having sat for the better part of a year. Apparently it had the the tranny replaced less than 10k ago. Exhaust has no leaks, motor sounds good. Tires are nearly new. Everything electrical seems to work, with the exception of the blending flap thingy in the climate control system.
The one thing preventing a good road test is the brake system. I haven't had the all the wheels off, but its obvious the rotors need to be replaced. I don't know if the calipers are good or not. Brake pedal goes to the floor with little effort, but doesn't offer any stopping power. Ebrake does work though. Fluid resovoir is full, and doesn't appear that any fluid is being lost.

I guess my dilemma is don't want to go to the trouble of getting new rotors and pads(and possibly new calipers), if I need a brake master that is super expensive. Searching on the web, they appear to be $3-600 for a new one.
Do they make rebuild kits for the abs 93 9000? Can I hope the master is fine, and something else is busted.
anti lock light is on.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.