Which radar/laser detector?? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Which radar/laser detector??

raphster
19th March 2002, 10:36 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this question, but since everyone here is looking to get more HP I can only assume that you need the extra HP to go faster!

What detector do you use/recommend in the US?

Viktor
19th March 2002, 10:42 PM
The Valentine One is hands down the best money can buy. Unparalled laser, radar, etc, etc detection from 360 degrees. It sells for $400.

Smackrazor
19th March 2002, 10:49 PM
How about you just keep an eye out for anything that's black and white and has fairy lights on top?

raphster
20th March 2002, 09:17 AM
I don't know about CA, but here in NY the smokeys are now driving around in unmarked cars, and if they aren't unmarked, the conventional red lights on top are now low profile or non-existant.(lights are inside on the front and rear windshield. They're getting smarter and tougher to spot.

90t16Saero
20th March 2002, 06:15 PM
Gotta laugh at radar detectors as my bro had one in his supra. The thing used to go off when he got near traffic lights and automatic doors on supermarkets!

Smackrazor
20th March 2002, 06:47 PM
LOL...

Well the closest thing they have are completely white cars with the lights on the rear deck... I guess best thing is to slow down near everysingle crown victoria.

93Saab900s
21st March 2002, 11:01 AM
unmarked cars are everywhere here in mass, they go in random cars with random colors as well so it is extremely hard to find them.
we also gotta watch out for state troopers in unmarked cars on the highways. They will go the same speed as you and give u a ticket for whatever speed they saw on their speedometer. Many of my friends have been bagged this way