SaabCentral Forums banner

Anyone have a picture of a functioning door lock from underneath the panel?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  16saabs 
#1 ·
The lock on my left passenger door doesn't work, and the door can only be opened from the outside. I took the door panel off no problem, but now I can't figure out how the locking mechanism should be arranged so it works right. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the lock should be arranged under the door panel, or better yet, does anyone have a picture of a functioning lock, door panel removed? I'd take the panel off the other door, but I'm a bit worried that I might pop something out and be left with another broken lock. I've done a bit of searching online but haven't found anything specific. I'll chime back if I come across good pictures. I think I'm correct in saying that door lock issues tend to pester the 9000 owner....

#4 ·
just got a 9000 and back door passenger(UK)was locked inside and out could not be opened so removed panel and released the catch and it undid, but I think the problem was with the bar that goes to the button on the top and it was bent(probably forced somehow at sometime, and this was jamming the cetral locking fromoperating so the door was lock up, so if you have paner off just waggle everthing about and just see if anything does'nt appear right, might be one of the plastic bits that holds it in place has broken so it will not operate properly, take the other side panal off and compare all the joints , straightness of rods etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.