SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab day

797 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ireland61290 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm new to saab and this forum and today cut up my hands :) working on my new to me saab 9000. It had all kinds of mostly electrical issues and with the help of this forum I fixed many of them. What also helped was getting a can of elecrical component spray to clean connections. Cleaning the heater fan controle module with it for instance made the ACC fan respond again.
The cruise was messed up -which was fixed by plugging in the connectors in the right socket, whoever did that was not the brightest! I had no high beams -which was fixed with the electrical spray, the back windows were 'sticky' -fixed by cleaning the console window control unit-, the central locking pin on one of the doors was broken -fixed by taking door apart and rigging something where a plastic conector was broken off, shifter light bulb was out, exhaust vacuum system had a leak -fixed with plastic epoxy-, windshield washer fluid was only coming out of 1 spray nozzle -replaced a T-connector- and so forth... Couldn't fix my heated seats;-switches are probably bad which seems weird to me that both are bad at the same time :eek: - and the 'fasten seatbelts' light is only coming on when I initially start the car. Can't complain though. I definitely welcome any suggestions on the fasten seatbelt light problem.
It's great to have a site like this available to help out and I'm looking forward to contribute. Thanks everyone!

See less See more
#3 ·
my dad had acc problems with his 9000 just before xmas, i gave the fan 12v from the battery and that never worked so i replaced that and the new one would work with 12v straight from the battery but not when connected to the car, turned out the reohostat had blow aswell, replaced that and its perfect now, one must have take the other out when it blew, he had been using it throught the winter with only the door heaters working, damn cold in that car i can tell you, thank god for heated seats

#4 ·
saab electrical

Thanks! I'm enjoying my saab 9000 so far.
A control unit for the fan sits on top of a round box in the 'aquarium'. Mine has a yellow sticker on it. It's screwed in with 3 screws. Unscrew this, then disconnect the electrical connector and take it out. I cleaned it with the mentioned spray and put it back together. I also cleaned another thing on top of that round box. It's next to the fan controller and is also screwed it. I did the same thing with that. Be careful not to lose screws; they're impossible to retrieve once they fall into the abbys! If anyoneone could tell me what that 2nd unit does on top of the round box that would be great!

#5 ·
Well I'm not sure what the second thing is, but I do know a bit about the yellow sticker part. That is the speed regulator/resistor for the cabin fan motor. I'm pretty sure that is what is wrong with my Saab so I bought a new one but I haven't put it in yet. I'm thinking if this works then most people's problems with their cabin fan will be that it is a faulty speed regulator...

by the way it is a $178 part :(

oh well. Ill put it in when it stops raining here in Oregon. I'll update to see if it works. Thanks for the info again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.